Assistant Registrar, Systems and Operations
Posting Number: req12109
Department: Office of the Registrar
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
As a member of the Office of the Registrar management team, the Assistant Registrar for Systems and Operations will provide functional leadership and technical expertise to solve complex issues. Reporting to the Senior Associate Registrar, the Assistant Registrar leads and directs the Systems and Operations unit.
The Systems and Operations team supports and enables all functions within the Office of the Registrar and works collaboratively with technology partners and campus constituents to maintain and support the Student Information System and related systems. The team is responsible for the implementation of strategic processes and technological enhancements to improve the student experience and the academic and enrollment operations of the University.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the academic record. Serving all students, faculty, academic units, and student support functions; the Office is charged with the implementation of academic and student policies and their alignment to state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. The Office strives to be a leader and thought partner in creating efficient processes that are designed in a way that supports student success and service excellence.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the decision-making process in translating business requirements into functional system designs.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of academic data and configurations that drive various student support applications. Ensures appropriate data is maintained in reporting databases.
- Responsible for system analysis (including evaluation/testing of system updates), evaluation, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, research, and data analysis for key academic systems.
- Oversees group responsible for external reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse
- Interprets, implements, develops and/or recommends changes to rules, regulations, policies and procedures set forth by the university or outside governing agencies.
- Researches and recommends new processes/policies that will positively affect the student experience along with improving efficiency
- Supervises three or more full-time employees, or their equivalent, on a regular basis.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees
- Evaluates workload and employee availability and deploys resources to critical areas on a priority basis to ensure work is completed
- Lead development of business practices, technology and other changes that improve the student experience and staff efficiency.
- Represents the Office of the Registrar on committees and taskforces and conferences and at all levels of the university organization.
- Provides leadership and maintains current knowledge of university academic requirements for areas of responsibility
- Performs additional duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated enthusiastic and creative use of information technology systems to provide solutions to the academic community
- Commitment to the student experience and to upholding the integrity of the academic record.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies including faculty, staff, administrators, and student
- Multi-task oriented with the ability to be very organized, and the ability work independently
- Strong commitment to the support and development of staff
- Ability to analyze business processes and interpret both functional and technical needs
- Knowledge of FERPA and ethical principles in working with students
- Knowledge ofPeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Knowledgein Higher Ed/Registrar services and/or academic advising
- Knowledge ofproject management and system implementation
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Knowledge of Student Information Systems or other relational databases
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Demonstrated expertise in decision-making
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, including 2 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Master's degree in information systems, higher education administration, or related degree
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $65,000 - $70,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Registration & Records
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Deborah Milora; firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.