Administrative Support Assistant III
Posting Number: req12059
Department: Arizona FORGE
Location: Main Campus
Address: 44 N Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701 USA
Position HighlightsArizona FORGE (Finding Opportunities and Resources to Grow Entrepreneurs) at the University of Arizona is seeking an Administrator for FORGE at Roy Place (Administrative Support Assistant III), the unit's flagship location in downtown Tucson. FORGE at Roy Place is a center for entrepreneurship, collaboration, lifelong learning, and workforce development, offering community-facing programs as well as flexible event and conference space.
The Administrator will be responsible for the financial, administrative, and organizational management of FORGE at Roy Place. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of tasks, will be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. This individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under minimal supervision.
At the University of Arizona, Finding Opportunities and Resources to Grow Entrepreneurs (FORGE) is a unit of Research, Innovation, and Impact. It has three missions, known as the 3 C's:
* Campus - Inspire and cultivate entrepreneurial thinking (FORGE Student Venture Pathways)
* Community - Advance the entrepreneurial ecosystem (FORGE at Roy Place)
* Capital - Drive scale-up/launch acceleration (FORGE Ahead)
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & responsibilities:
- This position is the first point of contact for the unit and provides guidance and assistance as needed to students, clients, and staff on policies, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of administrative duties general to FORGE including but not limited to: key requests/authorizations; building management; document preparation; scheduling; safety coordination; meeting and event coordination; travel arrangements; website updates; record keeping; supply inventory and management; mailing; p-card coordination; and data entry.
- Coordinates grant proposals, budget development, contracts, and staff searches. Creates and updates complex record-keeping systems and databases, departmental files, and reports on an ongoing basis. Supports with the coordination and initiation of expenditures in the UA systems.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues across campus and the community.
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks efficiently with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to utilize available resources to facilitate needed building functions and create/streamline processes, sometimes without precedent.
- Ability to apply diplomatic and persuasive skill to discussions of ambiguous procedures and rules.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information in making effective executive decisions.
- Ability to create, communicate, and enforce policies with some allowance for flexibility.
- Ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and to be flexible.
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and multiple tasks.
- Ability to complete work to high standard.
- Ability to function at all times in a highly professional and ethical manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Foreign language experience in Spanish.
- Prior experience with an entrepreneurial environment.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 32 - 40
Job FTE: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.30 - $23.97
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.