Assistant Professor of Construction Management
Kennesaw State University
Construction and Building Trades
Job ID: 250576
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Department of Construction Management offers an ACCE-accredited Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Science degree in construction management. BS CM degree students have the option to choose from multiple concentrations including general contracting, land development, specialty (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) contracting, facilities management, and residential construction. The Department has more than 800 undergraduate and graduate students. The Department enjoys an outstanding reputation locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally and is supported by an Industry Advisory Board comprised of representatives from approximately 50 construction industry companies.
The Construction Management Department prioritizes equity, diversity, and inclusion and is particularly interested in historically underrepresented voices, and we welcome candidates whose work and lived experiences will expand our conversations, perspectives, and practices.
Our College of Architecture and Construction Management is located on our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Construction Management faculty position in the Department of Construction Management that begins August 2023.
The Department of Construction Management at Kennesaw State University seeks candidates to engage in teaching, curriculum planning and development, research and scholarly activities including publications, online and in-person teaching, and service to the university, community, and profession. Kennesaw State University is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work, and study. We seek applicants who will add to the intellectual diversity within the Department of Construction Management and work successfully with our diverse body of students and colleagues in the dynamic and energetic context of Metro Atlanta.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
- Ph.D., or the foreign equivalent, in Construction Management/Engineering/Land Development or a closely related field
- At least 5-years of US Construction Industry management-level experience or equivalent
- A background in construction management or construction engineering
- Expertise is required in two of the following: program/project management, heavy civil/infrastructure projects, land and real estate development
- The department is interested in candidates with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of managing construction projects: from the field to the boardroom, from CPM to balance sheets, from technology to legal issues, from materials to safety, and from labor and subcontractors to sustainability.
- Demonstrate the capacity to integrate their research, creative work and/or professional practice into their teaching, which will include core courses and/or electives, undergraduate and/or graduate.
- Letter of application
- Current comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV)
- Statement of commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion as they relate to the candidate's research, teaching, service, and leadership (Upload as Additional Documents)
- Unofficial Transcripts and/or international equivalency evaluations (Official Transcripts and Official International Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
- List of three references with contact phone numbers and email addresses
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of research/scholarship philosophy and focus
For full consideration, please apply by January 31, 2023. This position is open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Zuhair El-Itr, Chair of the Faculty Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at email@example.com. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=250576&PostingSeq=1