Senior Lecturer - Doctorate of Nursing Practice Program (115772)
The School of Nursing Online Program is seeking applicants for a full-time Senior Lecturer in online nursing for our DNP program. Candidates must possess the ability to teach a broad range of courses from our online nursing program through an online learning platform. Primary responsibilities include teaching nursing students admitted at various entry points (for example, associate degree through post-master's).A doctoral degree in nursing or related field (e.g., DNP/PhD/EdD), APRN certification (FNP and or PMHNP), ANCC certification, and unencumbered nursing licensure is required with eligibility to obtain license in Massachusetts. This role reports to the Associate Dean of Online Nursing and works collaboratively with the Dean of Nursing, Assistant Deans of Graduate Nursing, and with Graduate Program Directors.
- Teach online carrying a workload of 30 units per year (12 months).
- Problem-solve and provide oversight in online courses.
- Maintain ongoing, clear, and consistent communication with students.
- Maintain ongoing, clear, and consistent communication with the Associate Dean of Online Nursing, and others as necessary.
- Maintain expertise in online teaching methodologies.
- Maintain active licensure and certification in nursing and advanced practice specialty as appropriate.
- Doctorate degree in nursing with nurse practitioner certification (FNP and or PMHNP), CNE preferred or a minimum of 2 courses in education.
- Active and unencumbered RN/APRN licensure in home state and MA or willingness to get one.
- Active APRN practice in home state.
- Ability to uphold the university's commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
- Two years of current, full-time online teaching experience; 2 years of teaching experience in graduate education or a combination of graduate and RN-BS; Experience in a course coordinator role/lead faculty role and/or leadership in an online environment preferred.
- Experience with Quality Matters standards, online course development, and technology for online course delivery (e.g., Health Assessment, videos).
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (Word/Excel), online learning platforms, Zoom, IM, and synchronous meeting applications.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Work at a distance, home based. May require annual or periodic travel to Weston, MA campus.
- Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Protecting the Regis Community
At Regis the safety of our campus community is our highest priority. We invite all applicants to review our health and safety protocols at our COVID-19 Updates page. The most powerful measure we can take is vaccination, and all campus community members must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster against COVID-19, with the exception of certain medical and religious exemptions. New employees without an approved medical or religious exemption are required to have their first vaccine dose by their date of hire. And all new employees will join the campus community in using the CoVerified app to upload vaccine information, report symptoms, and schedule regular campus COVID tests. We're in this together!
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran's status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.