Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing
The Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing (VPEMM) is responsible for the tactical and strategic, long term and daily management of the Division of Enrollment Management at SUNY Old Westbury's campus in Old Westbury, New York. The VPEMM's primary goal is to lead the enrollment units (Admissions, Financial Aid, Orientation, and Student Services Center) staff and operations towards meeting established enrollment goals for all new student populations: first-year, transfer, adult, graduate, and online. The VP will oversee the staff, marketing efforts, recruitment plans, business processes, systems, events, communication plans, and operations for the division and other enrollment units, and will be an engaged, collaborative, and visible campus-leader. As an innovative leader, the VPEMM will also serve as a forward-facing representative for members of the campus community and external audiences. The VPEMM is a full-time, twelve (12) month, Management Confidential position.
Title Position Reports To: President
For this role, SUNY-OW seeks an individual who has the following qualities and experience:
- Proven record of building a strong enrollment team and implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a new Enrollment Management Division by organizing, hiring, mentoring, training, developing, and holding team members accountable.
- Significant experience in marketing within an enrollment management framework.
- Creative approach to navigating and succeeding in a challenging demographic market.
- Experience and familiarity with the Long Island and New York State recruitment market for all new student populations.
- Experience with Minority Serving Institutions, and a commitment to diversity and access.
- Experience with implementing best practices across areas of enrollment management including, application review (all levels) and the evaluation of transfer credits.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development. Preference given to those involved in state and/or national admissions associations.
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships across campus to help achieve enrollment goals.
- Knowledge of and experience with financial aid; including discounting, leveraging, and monitoring to achieve established goals.
- Sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of the technology used to carry out enrollment efforts, including Slate Technologies.
- Developed understanding and experience of enrollment marketing and strategic communication.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Lead the ongoing development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and recruitment plan designed to meet enrollment goals and priorities and monitor key performance indicators.
- Organize and advance a newly created Enrollment Management Division that includes a newly formed One Stop Student Service Center. This also includes building out a marketing strategy for the Division.
- Develop a sustained presence in the local community and collaborate with superintendents, principals, counselors, and K-12 leaders to ensure sustained partnerships within the region.
- Develop a sustained presence with community colleges on Long Island, in NYC and across New York State.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to ensure success in planning and executing large-scale admissions events, with a focus on customer service and highlighting the College's strengths.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support, and oversight to ensure optimal administration of the College's admissions CRM system: Slate.
- Develop and oversee the execution of the marketing and communication plan for all new student populations. Ensure that all messages are clear, concise, and strategic.
- Lead the planning and execution of the financial aid leveraging strategy to maximize enrollment.
- Ensure appropriate staffing, including the ongoing assessment and development of staff and the organizational structure to ensure skill, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Cultivate a data-informed culture amongst the admissions staff and keep the campus community informed about enrollment data and trends.
- Employ best practices and inspire the admissions team to meet enrollment goals and provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate with and support campus-based partners involved in the admissions/recruitment process.
- Coordinate with the internal marketing division to ensure that recruitment publications are well planned, branded, creative, accurate, and strategic.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Ability to make thoughtful and informed decisions while following College policy and protocol.
- Advanced knowledge of the industry landscape (i.e., demographics, competitive landscape, vendors, tools, resources, regulations, programs, school systems, best practices, trends, etc.).
- Ability to build a new enrollment management division to include establishing a marketing approach.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems and provide outstanding customer service.
- A demonstrated drive for maximizing efficiency to enhance the experience for staff, students, and others.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
- Experience working with data and complex systems/structures.
- Presentation skills - ability to effectively present information in-person or virtually.
- Ability to prioritize workloads according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and extended hours, as needed.
SUNY Old Westbury serves large populations of underrepresented, first-generation, and non-traditional students. Candidates with experience working with a similar student body, and a demonstrated commitment to supporting these populations, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Since its foundation in 1965, SUNY Old Westbury has been committed to social justice, diversity, and the empowerment of traditionally underserved populations. The College serves a large proportion of non-traditional students and has earned the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from Insight into Diversity magazine for five consecutive years.
Located on a 604-acre campus on Long Island, Nassau County, about 40 miles from New York City, SUNY Old Westbury comprises four Schools (Education, Business, Arts and Sciences and Professional Studies) with total enrollment of 4400 students. For more details about the College at Old Westbury, please refer to our website at www.oldwestbury.edu.
Comprehensive benefits package: https://www.suny.edu/media/suny/content-assets/documents/benefits/benefit-summaries/MCunclassifiedbenefitsummary-April-2022.pdf
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of a Master's degree.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of successful and progressive related experience.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a senior management role within the admissions/enrollment management/marketing industry.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Doctoral degree.
- Fifteen (15) years of successful and progressive related experience.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a senior management role within the admissions/enrollment management industry.
- Leadership experience with technology and marketing is strongly preferred.
Please submit the following online at https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com:
- letter of application,
- contact information (name, email address and telephone number) for three (3) references, and
- a fully completed Old Westbury employment application (available during the online application process).
Only applications submitted online will be considered.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: open until filled
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
Employment in this position will be contingent on the College's verification of credentials and any other information required by federal or state law, and SUNY Old Westbury polices, including the completion of a criminal background check.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to participate in the selection process, please contact the Office of Human Resources/Affirmative Action located in the Campus Center, Room I-211 or by calling (516) 876-3179.
The Annual Security and Fire Report is filed as required by federal law. The purpose of this report is to provide faculty, staff and students with campus safety information, including crime statistics and safety policies and procedures. The report contains information regarding security and personal safety, including topics such as crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the previous three calendar years. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the University Police Department (516) 876-3333 or by downloading a copy.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Position Type: Management Confidential
Official Budget Title: Vice President
Campus Title: Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing
Department: Office of Enrollment Management
Negotiating Unit: none
Salary Grade: MP-1
FLSA Status: Exempt