Research Technician I
Posting Number: req12198
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe laboratory of Dr. Trent Anderson at the University of Arizona College of Medicine invites highly motivated candidates to apply for an immediate opening for a Research Technician I position. The Research Technician will be responsible for performing basic and preclinical research in a neurobiology laboratory utilizing molecular biology and biochemistry techniques which include western blotting, cell culture, immunohistochemistry, and confocal microscopy. The candidate should be detail-oriented, conscientious, able to follow instructions, and have the ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner orally and in writing. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded, enthusiastic individual who will follow lab methods and instruction to ensure compliance.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean, sterilize, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment used for research.
- Collaborate on experiments in the development of new strategies, techniques, and equipment along with their peers.
- Participate in preparing detailed experimental reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative results.
- Collect, process, and label samples in accordance with protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Set up lab equipment following detailed instructions and procedures.
- Provide routine administrative support to research projects (photocopies, files, and record keeping).
- Perform bench research including western blotting, cell biological assays, and cell culture maintenance.
- Prepare buffers and reagents.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Prior work experience not required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Trent Anderson | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.