Food Aggregation and Markets Coordinator
The Department of Population Health Sciences in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech is seeking a Food Aggregation and Markets Coordinator for the Empowering Healthy Lifestyles to Reduce Obesity in Petersburg, Virginia, to support the PHOP (Petersburg Healthy Options Partnerships) POP! Market.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in managing mobile farmers' markets
- Experience with produce aggregation
- Familiarity with the Petersburg foodsystem
- Experience working with farmers and vendors in the Petersburg area
- Working relationship with River Street Market
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated passion for promoting food access and health equity
- Experience in collecting data for program monitoring and evaluation, including process data
- Experience in implementing policy, systems and environment initiatives
Salary; Pay Band 3
November 1, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dr. Hosig at firstname.lastname@example.org regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.