Adjunct Lecturer - Field Placement Coordinator (115624)
The Department of Education at Regis College seeks a Field Placement Coordinator to serve both undergraduate and graduate licensure program needs with respect to all field-based experiences, e.g. pre-practicum and practicum. The Education department offers licensure degrees in Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary English and History, and Moderate Disabilities Pk-8, 5-12. Each semester multiple pre-practicum and practicum placements are secured for students.
- Communicate with students and faculty about field based placement requirements and expectations
- Communicate with schools and districts to secure field-based experiences that meet the minimum requirements for each licensure area and/or course
- Maintain paperwork and record of placements
- Conduct Dept. of Education Field-based placement surveys at regularly scheduled intervals and present data at department meetings.
- experience managing large and complex tasks
- experience and ability to work independently
- carry out other functions as may be appropriate to the position
- ability to positively interact with a diverse population and uphold the College's commitment to inclusive excellence
- An earned master's degree in a discipline related to education
- Complete a successful Background Record Check
- Ability to uphold the university's commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in noise, odors, etc.
***This is a hybrid-eligible position
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Protecting the Regis Community
At Regis the safety of our campus community is our highest priority. We invite all applicants to review our health and safety protocols at our COVID-19 Updates page. The most powerful measure we can take is vaccination, and all campus community members must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster against COVID-19, with the exception of certain medical and religious exemptions. New employees without an approved medical or religious exemption are required to have their first vaccine dose by their date of hire. And all new employees will join the campus community in using the CoVerified app to upload vaccine information, report symptoms, and schedule regular campus COVID tests. We're in this together!
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran's status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.