Posting Number: req12216
Department: The Honors College
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe W. A. Franke Honors College is seeking candidates for a Building Coordinator. A person who is detail-oriented, has great skills in customer service, problem-solving, and interpersonal communication, as well as the ability to multi-task and balance projects. It is preferred the candidate has experience working with PeopleSoft and is proficient in Microsoft suite products such as Excel, Teams, Outlook, etc.
This position will manage the W.A. Franke Honors College classrooms in the Honors Village, as well as the Honors staff and faculty front desk. Classroom management will include the approvals and denials of all room requests in Microsoft Outlook, and oversees any special requests, such as trainings, technology support, building support, etc. for all Honors rooms.
The Building Coordinator will also serve as the operations liaison between the W.A. Franke Honors College and various partners on campus or within other Departments regarding classroom, course, staff, technology, office, and event support. The three primary partnerships will be with American Campus Communities (ACC), the University of Arizona's Housing and Residential Life team at the Honors Village, and the University's IT team (UITS).
This is an in-person position scheduled Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. There will be flexibility to adjust working hours depending on the need for specific Honors events after hours.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all seven W.A. Franke Honors College classrooms.
- Assist with scheduling of Honors classrooms and be the primary contact for approving/denying room requests in Outlook for the college and oversee all room calendars.
- Be the instructional technology technician helping faculty/staff with setting up rooms for classes or events.
- Assist with large event requests for Honors and delegate tasks to improve the Honors Village room efficiency and operations.
- Serve as liaison for operations and maintenance between Honors and ACC/ResLife for the Honors Village classrooms, computer lab, and faculty/staff offices.
- Full-time tech support for all the Honors Village classrooms.
- Assist with any special requests regarding room reservations or classes.
- Oversee the Franke Honors College front desk for the Honors College faculty and staff, as well as manage the main phone line.
- Opening and closing the office.
- Providing exceptional customer service in person and on the phone with families, staff, vendors, students, and community members.
- Observing front door/guest protocols.
- Manage main in staff/faculty mailboxes. Assist with accepting packages at the front desk.
- Will train and supervise the Honors College front desk student assistants to help with front desk coverage.
- Perform clerical duties and supporting Honors College staff and students by helping with projects.
- Help manage golf cart access and scheduling.
- Help maintain the Honors College roster for Honors Village building/floor access, classroom access and computer lab access.
- Ensure Honors students have access to the Honors Village and print lab services via their CatCard by providing updated Honors rosters and student IDs to ResLife every semester.
- Create the room lock schedule for the building each semester according to the classes and events that the Honors College offers.
- Ensure the instructors who need access to the Honors Village have access via their CatCard.
- Oversee the computer lab operations on the second floor; including tracking supplies and notifying the Business Team when to place an order for materials.
- Oversee all printers for the W.A. Franke Honors College; including tracking supplies and notifying the Business Team when to place an order, and contacting Ricoh for maintenance and cartridge pick up.
- Serve as liaison between Honors faculty/staff and ACC for all staff requests.
- Serve as liaison between Honors faculty/staff and Honors Village Housing and Residential Life team.
- Attend all Honors Village operations meetings, UA Facilities Management Building Manger Town Hall meetings, and represent Honors classrooms support with ACC and ResLife.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of previous work experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.