To be a part of the VIU community is to know what it is like to matter here. We are currently accepting applications for a Psychology Professor.
VIU has been awarded a BC’s Top Employer award for the last two years from the Top Employers program. VIU is pleased to offer employees a comprehensive benefit plan; ample paid holiday time; professional development opportunities and a desirable pension plan that takes the worry out of retirement. As part of the VIU campus community, our employees work with supportive colleagues within an encouraging environment and are provided with the tools and training that promote learning and development. The perks of VIU employment are multiple, and include well-being initiatives and services, strategic discounts and hybrid work opportunities.
We invite applications from accomplished university educators seeking to join a collegial department where teaching innovation and student success are highly valued. We seek applicants who share our passion for high quality undergraduate education and can skillfully infuse their teaching with their scholarly work. The successful candidates will mentor students in research and scholarly activity.
We seek to hire one individual whose area of specialization is behavioural neuroscience or clinical neuropsychology.
Course descriptions and more information about the Psychology Department can be found here.
Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching, learning and student success through scholarship and institutional service. Successful candidates will participate in a wide range of activities outside the classroom, including student support; institutional, faculty and departmental committee meetings and other initiatives; and professional activities in keeping with their disciplines in and outside the institution.
- A PhD or equivalent in behavioural neuroscience or clinical neuropsychology from an APA or CPA accredited institution.
- Experience in successfully teaching courses in behavioural neuroscience or clinical neuropsychology.
- An established research program that complements the interests and expertise of current faculty.
- A record of institutional service.
- Active ongoing participation in professional development activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology relevant to the position.
If this is the next step in your professional career, please submit your application online by November 23, 2022.