Dean, Associate - Health Sciences & Education
Provide leadership to engage and align assigned instructional teams in achieving the mission, vision, values, and goals of the College. Ensure quality education and training is delivered and accessible to all district constituents to meet the goals and economic development of the communities in the district.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide leadership to instructional program teams in the design, development, and implementation of curricula and initiatives that support student success. Create an environment of open, honest dialogue.
- Develop and articulate a clear vision and direction that utilizes innovation and creativity to maximize opportunities for improvement and growth for the program team and that align with strategic initiatives of the College and student success.
- Lead planning, budgeting, and resource allocation efforts to maximize operational efficiency within program areas and to ensure a state-of-the-art learning environment.
- Cultivate a team climate, which engages staff to develop and accomplish the goals and objectives of the team action plan as it relates to the team and the College.
- Foster an environment which values the diversity of ideas and people; attract and retain a culturally diverse workforce.
- Manage the human resource needs of the department including the selection, retention, performance management, and development of employees, both direct and indirect reporting employees.
- Utilize key indicators such as FTE targets, contract services revenue, class size, student success, placement data, etc. to ensure that program areas and regional productivity and improvement goals are met.
- Ensure viable, relevant, and high-quality curriculum is utilized in all program areas, i.e., associate degree, technical diploma, certificate, and continuing education.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with State, Federal, district, and programmatic accreditation requirements and to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Participate in college-wide committees to provide input on academic policy and programs and other matters related to the College.
- Develop and manage strategic partner relationships with technology suppliers, business and industry, community organizations, and secondary and post-secondary educational institutions.
- Ensure student success through developing a safe and engaging learning environment, resolving student and faculty conflict, and modeling customer service.
- Facilitate the use of facilities, equipment, purchasing, and scheduling to ensure programmatic and continuing education needs are met.
- Develop, manage, and coordinate strategic initiatives to enhance economic development, i.e., K-12 initiatives, committee, and board participation on strategic initiatives, assisting with securing grant funding, etc.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Master's Degree
Experience: Two years occupational experience outside the field of education, two years teaching experience, preferably in post-secondary education, is required.
Cultural Competence: Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and sensitivity to and understanding of a diverse community of college students, faculty, and staff.
*NWTC welcomes candidates who currently possess the desired skills and experience and are committed to learning and growing.
Microsoft Office Suite
Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the district’s standard insurance policy terms.