Administrative & Project Assistant - DEI & HR
The Administrative & Project Assistant will provide administrative and transactional support to both the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the Human Resources Division Director for the College of Architecture, Arts, and Design (AAD). The assistant will support talent acquisition and talent management activities across the college by posting opportunities, communicating with candidates, completing transactions, and preparing paperwork related to personnel actions. They will also assist in coordinating and tracking various projects or initiatives aimed at improving people operations, climate, and work experience for all faculty and staff in the college. All actions will require an understanding and adherence to university policies, practices, and guidelines.
This role would assist with coordinating and scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, and managing travel. The assistant would also be responsible for managing records-including the filing, scanning, and upload of documents-and organizing digital files.
The Administrative & Project Assistant would be an active, collaborative member of the dean's office staff. They will be expected to coordinate with colleagues to ensure office coverage, answer phones, greet visitors, and support colleagues with projects at peak times.
The College of Architecture, Arts, and Design at Virginia Tech affirms our collective responsibility to encourage, build, and embrace the polyculturalism of our world. We do this by acknowledging and addressing our past, recognizing our current responsibility, and acting in the interests of building and sustaining communities that are truly safe, supportive, and inclusive for all. Our commitment is to continually and proactively engage in these processes for the benefit of our students, staff, and faculty across the college, and the communities around the world we aim to serve.
* Previous experience providing human resources or administrative support within a professional or academic setting.
* Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
* Demonstrated proficiency with software including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
* Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
* Comfort with technology and tools such as HR information systems, applicant tracking systems, learning management systems, etc.
* Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) in a professional and courteous manner; interact respectfully and comfortably with all individuals in a diverse, multicultural environment; remain calm and polite in stressful situations; and exercise excellent judgment, discretion, and initiative.
* Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects/deliverables, and give attention to detail.
* Experience with online applicant tracking systems and/or Human Resource information system.
* Experience using collaborative tools such as MS Teams, Google drives, etc.
* Knowledge of university and/or state HR policies.
Salary range is $37,000 - $42,000 per year
October 31, 2022
This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement (up to one day per week of remote work) following a fully onsite onboarding period to support successful training and transition.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Julie Weaver at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.