Grant Cost Analyst
The purpose of this position is to work with grant accounting, maintain internal control, work with computerized records, and assist with journal entries and general ledger. The Grant Cost Analyst is the first line of defense making sure the college stays in compliance with all state and federal regulations for all grants. Responsible for reviewing, analyzing and evaluating all grant budget and expenditure procedures keeping in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Maintain grant budget files for all reporting to state and federal agencies, verifying accuracy and compliance with mandated state and federal policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Set up grant budgets and compile financial documentation
- Monitor grant expenditures
- Handle monthly reconciliations, reports to agencies, and/or invoicing for grants
- Prepare journal entries and assist with recurring journal entries
- Perform electronic funds requests/drawdowns related to grants
- Assist in all fiscal areas of the business office as needed
- Participate in professional development activities/opportunities
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change based on the need of the department and the college.
Associate degree in accounting, finance, or business.
2 years of related experience
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess understanding of general ledger and accounting functions
- Must be familiar with budgeting and journal entries
- Microsoft Office proficient: Excel, Word and Windows
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Must be detail oriented
Subject to a criminal background check. A resume is required in addition to the application. The salary is $36,087.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINEhttps://employment.nctc.edu/postings/8095
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.