Applications Administrator II
TITLE: Application Administrator II
POSTING DATE: October 14, 2022
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position reports to the Admissions Operations Assistant Director and will lead our efforts in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Customer Relationship Manager software (CRM, Salesforce). As a creative and critical thinker, the CRM Administrator (Application Administrator II) will help ensure that we maximize our recruitment and enrollment efforts. The successful candidate should have a passion for technology, innovation, and a service-oriented mindset.
As a team member in the Office of Admissions, this position primarily focuses on the management of the undergraduate admissions CRM (Salesforce) including but not limited to daily needs such as record consolidation, deployment of deliver/mailings campaigns, import of various datasets, mapping, email and text message deployment (in the CRM), and queries as well as the development and maintenance for our application logic, communication plan, reports, fields, prompts, forms, rules, populations, etc.
The incumbent would be integral to CRM maintenance, customization, development, cycle preparation, training, and communication planning to support the enrollment goals and objectives of the university. This individual will serve as first-level support for Admissions CRM-related concerns.
This position is responsible for maximizing the available technology for the purpose of recruiting students to UW-Green Bay. A special emphasis is placed on developing and implementing robust applications for the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software, along with developing reports to support analysis of KPI and ROI.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts to maintain application security through user profile management.
- Monitors and maintains performance metrics for application features and recommends and takes corrective/preventive actions.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and system problems and resolves issues and questions by working with vendors.
- Participates in the evaluation of vendor software releases and impact.
- Coordinates and monitors updates and the installation of upgrades and patches.
- Recommends application enhancements or changes that may involve custom design, integrations, and third-party products.
- Participates in the design, development, and implementation of test and production objects. Defines user requirements and performs configuration, change management, and testing activities.
- Develops and maintains documentation related to the system. Communicates system enhancement or changes as needed.
- Plans and directs staff implementation of small to medium technical projects related to system as needed.
- Regularly communicates with internal leadership to assess efficacy of system and discuss improvements and new features.
- Supports undergraduate admissions recruitment efforts by assisting with high school visits, following up with students from targeted high schools, presentations to prospective students, and other support of in-person recruitment activities.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience at time of application
- Experience with database management
- Ability to discern data needs and ask appropriate probing questions to ensure proper output
- Understand end-user needs and activities in order to suggest best practices with available technology
- Bachelor's degree or higher related to data, business, or information systems
- 1 year experience with a CRM software, preferably Salesforce
- Experience using and/or developing software applications such as CRM
- Experience with Student Information System software (ex: PeopleSoft)
- Experience in a higher education environment (Admissions, Student Services etc.) or Marketing
- Experience with Excel and/or other data reporting applications
- Project management skills, including the ability to set timelines, identify and handle multiple priorities, organize tasks for information system upgrades, enhancement, and new implementations.
- Experience with providing trainings related to learning new systems
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.CAMPUS INFORMATION:
Established in 1965, UW-Green Bay is a public institution serving 8,970 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students and 95,000 continuing education learners each year. We educate students from pre-college through retirement and offer 200+ degrees, programs and certificates. UW-Green Bay graduates are resilient, inclusive, sustaining and engaged members of their communities, ready to rise to fearlessly face challenges, solve problems and embrace diverse ideas and people. With four campus locations in Marinette, Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan, the University welcomes students from every corner of the world. In 2020, UW-Green Bay was the fastest growing UW school in Wisconsin. UW-Green Bay works to ensure faculty and staff achieve their full potential as valued employees with its commitment to creating an environment that recognizes, values and respects the differences we all bring to the workplace, allowing everyone to do their best work. Employee testimonials can be found at #WhyUWGB. For more information, visit www.uwgb.edu.
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community website. For Campus Safety information, see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report. This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 if you would like a paper copy.SPECIAL NOTES:
Position is a full-time Academic Staff appointment. This position is a hybrid position with the ability to work remotely during most of the year, subject to approved telecommuting request.. During peak traffic times, additional days on campus may be required. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community that welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Please submit application materials by Monday, October 24, 2022.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Salary range of $48,000 - $53,000.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
UW System provides an excellent benefits package to meet the diverse needs of its employees. This includes several health insurance options, with annual deductibles as low as $250/individual and $500/family. Our benefits package also includes dental, vision, several life insurance options, AD&D and Accident insurance and Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts. We participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), where employer contributions begin immediately and employees are fully vested after 5 years of service. The UW System also provides supplemental retirement savings programs including a 403(b) and Deferred Compensation.
In addition, employees receive several types of paid leave benefits, which are prorated for employees working less than 100%. This includes 9 legal holidays, 36 hours of personal holiday and between 96-130 hours of sick leave annually. Employees earn 13-27 days of vacation each year, depending on years of service and employment type.
For more details, please review the links below.
- UW System Employee Benefits Brochure: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/benefitsbrochure.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2528