Assistant Director of Residence & Commuter Life
Chartered in 1918, Seton Hill University is a leading Catholic coeducational liberal arts university founded by the Sisters of Charity and embracing students of all faiths. Located in southwestern Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands (yet only 35 miles from Pittsburgh), Seton Hill educates its more than 2000 students to “think and act critically, creatively and ethically as productive members of society committed to transforming the world.” The Assistant Director of Residence & Commuter Life is a full-time professional staffmember. This position reports directly to the Director of Residence & Commuter Life.
- Creating and maintaining a residence hall environment rooted in the Four Pillars of learning, serving, welcoming, and celebrating
- Supervising the Area Coordinator and two Resident Directors
- Coordinator resident assistant training and selection
- Maintaining and implementing residential curriculum
- Participating in building opening and closing
- Hiring, training, and scheduling Desk Security Assistants
- Supporting primary on-call professionals as a second level of on-call support
- Masters degree in Student Affairs or related field
- 2+ year of Residence Life experience at the professional level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple programs and activities simultaneously
- Computer knowledge
- Supervisory skills
- Candidates should also possess an understanding of student development theory and must have an appreciation for and congruence with the Catholic mission of he University.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three references.
The position is open until filled with the Search Committee reviewing no fewer than five (5) working days from posting.