EDGE Learning Training Developer
Posting Number: req12184
Department: Human Resources
Location: To Be Determined
Address: AZ USA
The EDGE Learning Training Developer (Instructional Designer III) will serve as the functional expert for designing and creating learning offerings in EDGE Learning, the University wide Learning Management System. The EDGE Learning Training Developer will advance the ability to strengthen learning programs and support across the University and work to enhance training and development of campus Learning Administrators. This position reports to the Manager of Learning and Development for the EDGE Learning team in the Division of Human Resources and works on the campus EDGE Learning team amid our colleagues in University Information & Technology Services to support the LMS through a co-operation model. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the EDGE Learning team that is envisioning and creating new services that have campus wide impact, work on high value projects and collaborate across campus with stakeholders.Working at the University of Arizona:
The University of Arizona has established a Flexible Work Initiative to further explore options that support our employees while allowing them to successfully carry out day to day operations. This position is eligible for flexible scheduling and primarily remote work within Arizona.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Management System Functional Expert in Creating, Uploading, and Managing Offerings
- Serves as the campus lead Learning Administrator as the subject matter expert on LMS system utilization and processes for creating, uploading, managing offerings and learning features like checklists, tests, and assessments in the LMS.
- Builds content in EDGE Learning for content delivery including Web-Based Trainings (WBTs), Virtual Instructor Led Trainings (VILTS), Instructor Led Trainings (ILTS), Curricula and Certifications.
- Lead content standards and best practices for eLearning standards and alignment with SCORM and authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate 360, and Articulate Storyline.
- Assess new feature and tri-annual releases with Business Analysts for impact on user workflow including testing and updating user support materials to reflect most up to date business process, workflow, and visual aids.
Learning Administrator for the Division
of Human Resources and Campus
- Design and run the services for centralized Learning Administrator curation and configuration services of EDGE Learning including content intake, project management, review services, and content and SCORM packaging.
- Serves as a Learning Administrator including developing, improving, maintaining EDGE Learning offerings for:
- Internal HR Division such as EDGE Learning user trainings, Supervisors Series Certificate, LinkedIn Learning Curriculas, and Learning and development toolkits.
- Campus departments that offer central campus offerings such as Office of the Provost, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and the Compliance Office.
- Campus departments without a Learning Administrator that have few and infrequent offerings and do not have the need to resource FTE for a Learning Administrator.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to plan, build, launch, and maintain Edge Learning offerings based on requirements, offering department desires, and user experience.
- Lead EDGE Learning offering projects through the design lifecycle, providing clear timelines through all phases, communicating with key partners, and selecting appropriate measurements for successful implementation.
Administrator Business Process, Guidance, and Training Management
- Develops and provides tools and resources for content development including creation of learning objectives, scriptwriting, storyboard creation, audio recording and editing, and assessments.
- Actively collaborate with fellow Learning Administrators to ensure best practice alignment, sharing of practices, and advocacy for the LMS user experience.
- Create and maintain support and instructional materials such as user guides, workbooks, manuals, and other learning resources.
- Deliver engaging training materials to be delivered in a variety of modalities including but not limited to Instructor-led, Virtual instructor-led, and web-based trainings.
- Oversee Learning Administrator onboarding and offboarding.
- Manages Learning Administrator Interest Group including meetings, agendas, and liaising feedback to Governance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems including offering administration, setup, maintenance, and support.
- Experience prioritizing work to meet deadlines, maintain a strong attention to detail, and work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced organization.
- Experience communicating effectively across a multitude of in-person and virtual environments with stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization.
- Experience creating training materials and courses with advanced levels of proficiency in PowerPoint, Articulate 360 or Storyline 3, or Adobe Captivate.
- Experience applying adult learning principles & practices, and instructional design for various modalities.
- Experience with SCORM.
- Experience in tackling new opportunities, challenges, and developing solutions and new business processes with a growth mindset and constructive curiosity approach.
- Experience attuning to the changing needs of software, stakeholders, and business priorities with agility and adaptability.
- Experience managing a multitude of training programs for various audiences across a decentralized organization.
- Experience managing medium to large scale programs while working cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders in an HR or IT environment.
- Experience with gathering requirements from stakeholders to create and innovate multiple concurrent medium to large learning projects.
- Experience with Saba Learning Management System.
- Master's degree in organizational development, instructional technology, instructional design, educational technology, or related field.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Instructional and Assessment Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,463 - $70,037 DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Instructional Design & Support
Instruct & Assessment Services
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to ApplicantApplication: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Cover Letter: Should clearly indicate how your professional experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications.
Instructional Design Work Sample: Please provide a sample of your instructional design work via a project sample, portfolio or portfolio site, or a process write-up for a project completed.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.