Food Safety Educator-Spanish Speaking (On Call) (Prescott, AZ)
Posting Number: req12087
Department: Yavapai County Office
Location: County Extensions and Farms
Address: 840 Rodeo Drive, Prescott, AZ 86301 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona, Yavapai County Cooperative Extension seeks an educator to deliver virtual and in-person Spanish-language Food Protection Management Certification Training to food service professionals in Yavapai County. This is an on-call position and will work closely with the Food Safety Program Coordinator.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpreting existing English-language food safety training into Spanish and translating English-language training materials into Spanish.
- Work closely with the Yavapai County Cooperative Extension Food Safety Program Coordinator to deliver virtual and in-person Spanish-language Food Safety Manager Training to food service professionals in Yavapai County.
- Assist Food Safety Program Coordinator by translating the Food Safety Manager Training materials, such Power Points, handouts and marketing materials.
- Collaborate with Food Safety Program Coordinator and other Family Consumer Health Science (FCHS) staff, and the Yavapai County Food Safety Industry Council about Food Safety Manager Training plans and activities.
- Additional duties may include recording Spanish-language voiceover for on-line trainings and translating marketing materials to reach Spanish-speaking audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs so that educational materials can be transported from site to site.
- Spanish-speaking and experience translating English-language educational materials and delivering food safety training in Spanish
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 1.6
Job FTE: .04
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.85 -$15.37
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.