Human Resources Generalist III
Posting Number: req12185
Department: HR Client Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona is seeking an experienced HR Generalist to join our dynamic team of Human Resources professionals. Reporting to the Central Division of HR, this opportunity has primary client responsibility with the Eller College of Management. Eller is more than a business school, it is a catalyst where students gain the skills and experience to thrive in any career they set their sights on and employs more than 700 staff, faculty and student workers. Responsibilities include recruitment, employee relations, talent development, compensation program coordination and leave of absence coordination.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultivates effective working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Liaison for employee relations concerns including conducting initial meetings with supervisors, providing guidance and support to staff.
- Consults with supervisors and senior management on performance concerns and guidance on Career Conversations (performance evaluations).
- Responds to inquiries on polices or procedures related to employee concerns.
- Manages Leave and Retirement Process in coordination with Division of HR.
Employee Recruitment & Hiring:
- Collaborates within the college and Central HR to ensure that recruitment and hiring processes are in alignment with university guidelines and policies.
- Utilizes HR systems and provides training and oversight to support effective and efficient applicant management, interviewing and hiring.
- Collaborates with leaders to ensure successful new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Monitor expiration dates for Visa holders, coordination of extension process on all Visa types and partner as needed with Arizona International Office of Employee Immigration Services, Compliance & Contracts on questions related to Visa application and/or permanent residency packets.
- In partnership with Sr. HR Partner and Central Compensation works with unit leaders and business managers to ensure the planning stages of compensation proposals such as new or replacement positions, career progressions, market and equity salary adjustments, supplemental compensation, etc. are budgeted and consistent with University Compensation Guidelines.
- Participates in college team meetings and advises on HR policies, procedures, and best practices, while co-creating and developing new best practices.
- Promotes training offerings from the Office of Learning and Development, EDGE Learning and LinkedIn Learning to support employee and management training and development.
- Prepares reports and analyzes HR metrics such as hiring, turnover, and other employment trends.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of HR policies, practices, and management to supervise, review, and approve work of team members.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning
attained through professional level experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of
relevant work experience is required
- Three or more years HR Generalist experience
- Experience working with HRIS and ATS systems
- Experience working at the University of Arizona
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP certificates
- Experience Working with UAccess and Talent
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Human Resources
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $59,005+ DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.