Outreach Instructional Specialist I (Extended Temporary) (Yuma, AZ) (Part Time)
Posting Number: req12173
Department: Yuma County Office
Address: Yuma, AZ USA
This position plans, develops, delivers, and administers agricultural and food safety education for the YA'LL, Yuma Agriculture Learners for Life, program. Promotes and fosters the importance of agriculture, specialty crops, and food safety to the winter visitor and senior population in Yuma, Arizona. Delivers content, programs, and materials, as needed, to support program objectives.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and carries out all aspects of the YA'LL, Yuma Agriculture Learners for Life Education program. Including preparing presentations, creating and procuring pamphlets, and operating audio/video equipment.
- Contacts the local area mobile home parks to schedule presentations to their residents.
- Communicate with the local specialty crop growers to establish baseline knowledge for consumers.
- Design, procure, and place signs along highway 95 identifying crops.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent learning attained through experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Experience with communicating effectively with different groups/individuals.
- Experience with public speaking and presenting information to large groups.
- Experience with Yuma agriculture and food safety.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20
Job FTE: .50
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.30-$23.97
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Expected End Date: 8/31/2024
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.