Work closely with VTTI's Program Management Office (PMO) to oversee singular or multiple projects from simple to intermediate complexity with multiple year engagements. Have delegated responsibility for the day to day programmatic administrative, budgetary, compliance and contractual aspects of programs/projects in support of principal investigators as assigned by VTTI's Programs and Business Manager. Manage program budgets, ensuring appropriate contract burn rates, including awareness of purchasing and travel associated with the project; coordinate team meetings, compile reports, manage program personnel loading, maintain and track status of technical milestones and risk, work with other OVPRI administrative units to ensure that all technical requirements are met including the Office of Sponsored Programs the Office of Export and Secure Research and Scholarly Integrity and Research Compliance office. Assist with the allocation and funding of graduate and undergraduate students. With the support of the supervisor or senior leadership overseeing project, position has some delegated authority around resource allocation and engaging directly with sponsor/external stakeholders.
Tasks will include:
- Tracking the finances and contract requirements of assigned projects to assist leadership with delivering projects on time and on budget;
- Organizing and participating in project meetings and documenting meeting minutes and action items;
- Providing program management support for research programs, such as IDIQs, as assigned;
- Completion of day-to-day fiscal activities (for example: personnel labor allocations, procurement activities, and monthly financial expenditure reviews)
- Contributing to research proposal and associated budget development;
- Interacting with research faculty on a project-by-project basis as it relates to project execution tasks, such as data collection and data analysis;
- Contributing to content development and editing of project deliverables.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management or related field. An exception for a lesser degree with significant related experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated project management experience in conducting complex projects in an academic or research environment
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Software, including Excel, Office, and Word.
- Creative, independent, and highly motivated, with good communication skills, strong work habits and the ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks and administrative duties
- Demonstrated evidence of effective documentation habits
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Ability to plan and implement research activities efficiently and effectively
- Experience with MS Office Software, including Power BI, Power Apps, and Teams.
Commensurate with Experience, starting rate is $42,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisa Eichelberger at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.