Research Technician II (Pharmacology and Toxicology)(Part Time)
Posting Number: req12199
Department: Pharmacology and Toxicology
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe primary purpose of the position is: 1) Assist in laboratory research in the area of molecular and cellular mechanisms of lung infections and chronic lung diseases with a guidance from the PI. 2) Perform data analysis. 3) Help to maintain research laboratory environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Laboratory research on a project elucidating molecular pathogensis and co-mobidity of fungal infection and asthma. Candidate will perform literature search, execute experiments, colelct/analyze data, and perform troubleshooting if necessary. He/she will also prepare figures, graphs and other illustrations for presentations, manuscripts and grant proposals.
- Help the lab manager to maintain a BSL2 biological laboratory. He/she will also be responsible for communicating with collaborating laboratories.
- Orders lab supplies and maintains inventory.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20.40
Job FTE: .51
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.85 - $19.45
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Yin Chen | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.