Marketing & Communications Manager (PRN32655B)
The Union’s Marketing & Communications Manager works on a dynamic team of community builders and Student Union professionals overseeing the marketing and communications for our department. They work closely with the Union’s Associate Director to develop a marketing and communication strategy and implement that strategy with a part-time student employee.
This position will work under minimal supervision, and is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and/or controlling all aspects pertaining to marketing and communication functions of the Union’s internal and external marketing and communication efforts including print, email, social, web, and video. This position will also oversee the sales and management of Union advertising, helping develop strong relationships with advertising customers and increasing advertising revenue streams for the department.About Student Affairs
The Student Union is a department within the division of Student Affairs. Student Affairs is comprised of over 20 departments and is focused on supporting student well-being and success with the ultimate goal of assisting students in discovering their passion, people, and purpose. To that end, we aim to foster an environment that encourages employees to embrace innovative service delivery methods to best meet the needs of our students. As a result, students have the opportunity to participate in the creation of campus culture, collaboratively working alongside professional staff, student leaders, and academic partners.Student Affairs is committed to grounding our programs, procedures, and policies in the tenets of anti-racism and inclusion. We recognize the continued importance of education and accountability that promote equity and social justice. Our expectation is that all employees are engaged in this work to create a welcoming environment that supports the success of both students and staff and ensures they have the opportunity to be fully incorporated into university life.An excellent benefits package is included:
- 14.2% employer retirement contribution in addition to employee contributions (automatic and immediately vested)
- Paid parental leave (in addition to FMLA)
- 11 paid holidays per year plus vacation accruals each month
- Excellent health insurance options that are both affordable and allow access to care through the University of Utah health system
- Tuition reduction for employees and family members
- Options for short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and HSA/FSA savings plans are available
- Free public transportation pass
PRN32655B 00318 - University Union (Day Staff)
$60,000-$65,000 including an excellent benefits package.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Effectively coordinates with Union Marketing & Communications team to develop and execute marketing/communication plans for the Union’s Events and Scheduling, Recreation, Development and Administration teams.
- Markets and promotes new and existing programs, services, events, and volunteer opportunities to internal and external customers through various channels including social media, email, text, video, and print.
- Manages and grows Union Marketing revenue through the sale of advertising space in and around the Union.
- Provides excellent customer service to advertising customers by ensuring all advertising is installed, invoiced, and removed in a timely manner.
- Produces communications for special projects and events including, but not limited to: The Union Scholarship Celebration, Union’s Winter Wonderland, Strolling for Scholarships, and Applications for Union Scholarships.
- Oversees and develops graphic design, video production, and other marketing assets.
- If applicable, ensures competency of staff through the development and/or presentation of educational programs and through ongoing staff performance evaluations.
- Responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of marketing/communication tactics and adjusting communication plans as necessary.
- Proofreads all communications and monitors media.
- Develops and adheres to project timelines.
- Ensures that distributed material is accurate and timely.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Bachelor’s degree English, Journalism, Communications, or related field plus 3 years of related experience, or equivalency; excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills; familiarity with a variety of computer software; project management and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both individually and in a team setting.
Some areas may require additional experience with specific computer systems and may require skills in interviewing, ad copy writing, editing, photography, web writing, graphic design, audio & video production, and oral presentation.
Master’s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office preferred.
Experience with Qualtrics survey software preferred. Experience with interviewing, ad copy writing, editing photography, web writing, graphic design, audio & video production, and oral presentation preferred.