IT Business Analyst IV
Posting Number: req12120
Department: Student & Acad Technologies
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is seeking aPrincipalBusiness Analyst for Enterprise Applications to serve in a product ownership role for Degree Search, ClassApp, and other applications developed in support of a modern, personalized, student digital experience. The incumbent will align product roadmaps to institutional and end-user needs, serve as the translator of product goals and functional requirements to the technical team, and manage testing efforts to ensure expected outcomes are delivered.Through a user-centered design process, the Principal Business Analyst for Enterprise Applicationswill partnerwith stakeholders and end users in internal and external contexts, as well as project and product teams to ensure delivery of solutions that are highly aligned to end-user and institutional needs and supports institutional adoption through change management efforts and ongoing assessment methodologies. Specific current projects include: Student CatCloud ClassApp and Degree Search. Additional digital engagement full stack projects will continue to be added. Team culture is outcome-oriented, with strong collaboration and support across the team.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
University Information Technology Services (UITS) has over 300 employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $77.6 million. It is the University's central IT unit and provides enterprise-level technologies and services that are broadly consumed, core to central administrative business operations, and tend to offer substantial economies of scale. Technology at the University of Arizona is essential to the mission of research, teaching, and learning and is the foundation to the academic and administrative operations of the campus. With a new future on the horizon, UITS has taken this unique moment to emerge with even more robust service capabilities than we offered before the pandemic. UITS works in collaboration with department and college IT units to enhance student experiences to connect, discover, and engage with the University, curricula, and beyond. UITS supports research for innovative solutions for global challenges and embraces the spirit of entrepreneurship and the values of diversity and inclusion.Outstanding
UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life
insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays;
UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members;
state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural
activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been
recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about
working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and lead engagement with key partners to build positive relationships, become deeply knowledgeable about processes and organizational needs, and build collaboration around user centered product methodologies.
- Develops system design for new or revised administrative systems; documents and analyzes input/output requirements, procedural flow between departments/divisions, operational audits and organizational structures.
- Facilitate collaborative work related to problem identification, ideation, solution prototyping, and validation of product ideas.
- Creates uses cases, conducts fit gap analysis and develops functional requirement specifications, and business process guides and other end-user documentation.
- Follow the product into the field to understand end-user and business owner satisfaction and assess needs/opportunities for ongoing enhancements or additional product buildout.
- Confers with vendors to resolve questions and problems and consults with and advises users in the selection and use of computing options.
- Develop and implement qualitative and quantitative methods to identify and define opportunities for new technologies and technology enhancements that are driven from user needs and behaviors.
- Acts as a project leader on medium to large sized projects.
- Develop test cases and conduct functional testing to ensure the product is fit for purpose and fit for use.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with players at various levels of the hierarchy in partner organizations.
- Ability to lead strategy across a team.
- Ability to create structure in a dynamic, often ambiguous complex environment.
- Ability to work across multiple teams.
- Skilled at group facilitation, or demonstration of strong propensity to ramp up quickly.
- Ability to influence others to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Complete knowledge of performing business case intake.
- Ability to break down processes into detailed components.
- Bachelor's degree AND 8 years of relevant work experience
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
- Higher Education experience, preferably with some aspects of the student life-cycle.
- Experience with creative thinking with vision on developing systems.
- Experience with facilitating collaborative work at the strategic organizational level in tandem with detailed technical and end-user engagement.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $78,035 - $106,517
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
IT Business Analysis
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.