Student Support Assistant (Part Time)
Job Type: Part time
Job Number: JR-012245Location: Home Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.Job Description
CURRENT WGU EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION BEFORE 10/22/2022 TO BE CONSIDERED
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in multiple areas for student, staff, and faculty across the Enrollment and Student Lifecyle.
- Assist students and staff with complex processes like scheduling assessments, assessment feedback, appeal support, launch support, technology support, etc.
- Answer learner and staff questions.
- Serve as a guide and resource for others in their assigned areas.
- Collaborate with staff across the University to find resolutions to learning issues and questions.
- Identify service lapses that may impact students, and work to resolve the issue
- Research and makes present improvement recommendations.
- Identify and differentiate the types of issues and ensure that the proper escalation procedures are being followed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Proficient use of Salesforce workspace, Purecloud applications and other WGU systems
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong ability to navigate different technological platforms
- Strong communication skills including verbal, writing, and presentation skills. Tactfulness and discretion are required in communications
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues inside and outside the department, to gather information
- Ability to keep a positive and influential attitude with all members of WGU
- Able to accept and implement feedback in QA Coaching and in Supervisor one on one settings
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Effective task analysis skills
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism
- Ability and temperament to proactively consider the needs of others
- Creative mindset for recommending new initiatives.
- Interpersonal skill in working with people
- Ability to learn and function with ongoing change and updated operations at WGU
- Tasks are accomplished by following a defined standard or set of procedures to achieveday to dayobjectives withdirectimpact on the areaof specialty.
- The workisperformedunder moderate supervisionand consists ofroutinetasksthat may require advice and guidance from more senior personnel in the same area.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Reviews solutions and employs minor adjustments to work methods to solve problems that are routine and typically exist in current work processes and systems.
- May be required to highlight areas of concerns/problems andoffer potential solutions.
- Problems and issues facedare generallyroutine butmay require interpretation of procedures or polices to resolve.
Communication and Influence:
- Communication with contacts within the job area is typical, and information that is provided or obtained may require someexplanation or interpretationto reach agreement.
- Three (3) years administrative and/or customer service experience, which includes use and operation of personal computers and associated standard software, including Microsoft Office Suite and other office resources and equipment including phones, telecommunication systems, copymachines.
- Must be able to work a regular schedule that includes mornings(3 days Monday-Friday) and every weekend on Mountain Standard Time.
- Associates Degree in a related field
- Bilingual a plus
- Call center experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.