Professor of Practice in the Froelich School of Nursing 9 months
Assumption University is a comprehensive, private Catholic liberal arts institution with 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students, sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption. We awaken in students a sense of wonder, discovery, and purpose, forming graduates known for their intellectual seriousness, thoughtful citizenship, and devotion to the common good. Our curricular and co-curricular programs provide students with an education that shapes their souls, forms them intellectually, and prepares them for meaningful careers. We are a diverse community that welcomes different points of view and embraces all who share our mission. Enlivened by the Catholic affirmation of the harmony of faith and reason and by the pursuit of the truth in the company of friends, an Assumption education transforms the minds and hearts of students.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. Assumption favors diversity, ecumenically welcomes all who share its goals, and strongly encourages people of color and others from underrepresented groups to apply.
The University is in Worcester, Massachusetts, New England's second largest city that "combines the warmth of a small town with the convenience of a thriving city."
Assumption University invites applicants for a full-time, nine-month Professor of Practice faculty appointment in the Froelich School of Nursing. The Professor of Practice faculty line is a non-tenured appointment at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Practice, based on an individual's years of full-time clinical experience and years of full-time nursing education in a baccalaureate level or higher program. The BSN Program at Assumption University has a traditional 4-year track as well as a new 15-month post-bachelor's accelerated track. There are three (3) Professor of Practice faculty positions available for dynamic nurse educators who are interested in teaching predominantly in the clinical agency, simulation laboratory environment, or in an asynchronous online course.
Specific criteria for this position include:
1. An unencumbered Massachusetts Registered Nurse license;
2. PhD in Nursing or related field or a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree candidate preferred, Master's of Science in Nursing degree candidates will be considered;
3. A minimum of three years full-time, or the equivalent of, acute or critical care nursing experience;
4. Commitment to the Mission and Vision of Assumption University and the Froelich School of Nursing;
5. Knowledge of Massachusetts and federal regulations governing nursing practice, including nursing education;
6. Knowledge of processes related to CCNE Accreditation;
7. Commitment to the integration of technology, including, high-fidelity simulation across all program courses;
8. Competency in software applications, including Microsoft Office 365 software, Apple iPad software and available apps;
9. Applicants interested in teaching online courses in the Post bachelor's accelerated nursing track must demonstrate competence in delivering online pedagogy.
Each faculty member in the Froelich School of Nursing is responsible for:
1. Contributing to the professional learning environment in the classroom and in clinical rotations;
2. Encouraging student learning and retention, consistent with the Student Learning Outcomes and Course Objectives, nurturing an environment focused on providing the highest quality of care to patients;
3. Evaluating student acquisition of nursing competence;
4. Participating in the implementation, evaluation and revision of the nursing curriculum and relevant policies;
5. Serving as an academic adviser to students across the program;
6. Participating in assigned roles in the Nursing Faculty Assembly (NFA);
7. Demonstrating continued professional development in the areas of nursing and nursing education commensurate with their assigned roles;
8. Collaborating with healthcare partners in Worcester and the surrounding areas;
9. Complying with the policies outlined in the Assumption University Faculty Policy Handbook and the Assumption University Froelich School of Nursing Faculty Handbook.
10. Applicants must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption University.
11. Vaccinated and boostered for COVID-19, required.