Assistant Club Coach - Men's Lacrosse
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
Club Coach 4- M Lacrosse Assistant Coach
* The role of a club coach is to assist in the instructional and coaching elements of the club's activity in order to help the team work towards achieving its goals.
As a student-run organization, all administrative aspects of the team are the responsibility of the student officers, not the coach. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling, space requests, travel plans, purchases
and other financial transactions, fundraising efforts, and prospective player inquiries.
Essential functions of the role include:
* Direction and supervision of team practices
* Attendance at all practices and competitions
* Supervision of the team during trips
* Adherence to all University and governing association regulations
* Commitment to the development of club sport student-athletes
* Serve as an official representative of the University at all Club Sport functions
* American Red Cross CPR/AED & First Aid Certification for the Professional Rescuer (We will offer a certification class or the team will pay for a class if you do not already have a certification)
* 1-3+ years soccer coaching experience and/or previous varsity or club sport experience preferred
* Expertise in the technical aspects of the sport
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with student-athletes, athletic staff, and the University
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.