The School of Communication seeks a full-time Business Manager to administer day-to-day business operations, purchasing, budget and fiscal activities, and fixed asset and inventory control. Responsibilities include assisting with planning, allocation, and monitoring of all School funds, drafting the School's operating budgets each year, overseeing the reconciliation of all School accounts, monitoring established budgets to ensure spending is on track, and proposing budget adjustments as necessary. This position is responsible for fund management for multiple accounts and supervises three part-time wage positions.
- Business or operational management experience in an academic or professional office environment.
- Experience in bookkeeping, including budget development and preparation of financial reports using Excel spreadsheets and/or finance accounting applications and databases.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of procurement/purchasing policies and procedures.
- Experience with inventory and fixed-assets control.
- Experience using various Microsoft Office software products, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain strict confidentiality and secure documents.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, management, or related field.
- Experience with Virginia Tech Equipment Trust Fund process.
- Experience with Virginia Tech's Travel and Expense Management system, Banner Finance system.
- Knowledge of PageUp People, TimeClock Plus, MicroStrategy, Emergency Action Plan systems, and Canvas.
- Knowledge of Virginia Tech fiscal policies.
Commensurate with experience with a salary range of $47,000-$50,000 per year
October 27, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Marisela Garzaat firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.