(Hybrid) Data Analyst - Center for Excellence in Disabilities
West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a (Hybrid) Data Analyst with the Center for Excellence in Disabilities
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to establish and maintain efficient data capture, cleaning, and reporting functions at the West Virginia University Center for Excellence in Disabilities (WVUCED) This position is responsible for maintaining (and updating as needed) data capturing procedures. This position will work closely with the program leadership, partners, and the WVUCED Grants & Research Specialist to retrieve, review, analyze, and/or interpret data over the course of the program period. Additionally, work closely with the WVUCED Director to ensure center-level data is captured, analyzed, and interpreted as needed. Responsible for the data policy, data administration, support materials, and information security and access issues.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
* 18 sick days per year
(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
* WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
* 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
* Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Work closely with program members, leadership, and appropriate partners to design, implement, maintain, and manage database systems used for service coordination, data collection, training, and research purposes.
- Work closely with team members and partners to identify and define data capturing and analyses procedures that support evaluation plans pertinent to programs within the WVUCED.
- Utilize evaluation plan to inform modifications for quality improvement, services, and subsequent efforts for programs within the WVUCED.
- Provide in-depth statistical analysis to support data outcome measures and projections by generating reports, graphs, and narrative evaluations. Work closely with the Grants & Research Specialist and the Communications Officer to prepare and present presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ensure the center workplan and appropriate program plans are adhered to, federal data indicators are met, and that program and project components are functioning effectively and efficiently (at full capacity).
- Provide consultative and technical assistance to those using data capturing systems and/or receiving analyses produced from these sources.
- Develop policy, procedures, and standards for database management, implementation, and information reporting. Design and execute security procedures and standards to assure privacy and integrity of all database systems.
- Develop policies and procedures assuring accurate analysis and reporting of data through the creation of data dictionary and database system documentation. Develop procedures and implement specific efforts to ensure and maintain back up procedures.
- Develop and disseminate new policies and procedures for making changes that effectively quantify and qualify programmatic data and/or associated statistical information to meet negotiated programmatic mandates.
- Coordinate with AUCD and the National Information Reporting System (NIRS) on the reporting and analyses of the WVUCED's data and coordination information to assure national consistency of data.
- Master's degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biology, Physical, Behavioral, Natural or Veterinary Sciences from an accredited college or university;Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- One (1) year experience conducting life sciences research and incorporating research findings into accessible reports, posters, and/or presentations;
- Prefer candidate with strong skills in MS Access and MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SASS, JMP)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collect, manage and analyze epidemiology data.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and execute epidemiology research.
- Ability to appropriately use epidemiology measures.
- Ability to conduct, interpret and report multivariate statistical analyses.
- Strong understanding of epidemiology research methods.
- Ability to accurately convey research findings to professional and lay audiences.
- Familiarity with research regarding traumatic brain injury.
- Ability to travel, as demonstrated by a valid driver's license or an alternate efficient means of transportation, to parts of the state not accessible by public transportation.
- Valid driver's license
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2022
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes