Compensation Analyst I, Division of Human Resources
Posting Number: req12116
Department: Human Resources
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Compensation Analyst will be a member of the Compensation team and will assist in the implementation, administration, and maintenance of the University Career Architecture and pay structure. This position will serve as a resource for campus on all related compensation matters for university staff employees by providing education and advice on market practices and trends; participate in compensation surveys; and ensure legal compliance, equity, and alignment with compensation practices and University Compensation Philosophy.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as an entry level analyst by assisting in the administration and maintenance of the University's career architecture and pay structure. Collaborates with assigned units and HR Partners to review position descriptions and determine appropriate position mapping within career architecture. Ensures compensation decisions are fair and equitable and align with the University Compensation Administration Guidelines.
- Provides information, education and advice on market practices, trends, analysis and data related to compensation. Recommends solutions in accordance with established policies, procedures and applicable laws. Provides analytical support and prepares summaries to demonstrate awareness of potential impact of compensation decisions.
- Provide support to higher level analyst in a efforts to conduct annual benchmarking of UA jobs and may provide recommendations to compensation leadership on salary increase budgets, market conditions, strategic opportunities, and salary structure movement. May also provide preliminary benchmarking analysis and give recommendations to Compensation leadership as needed throughout the year to ensure competitive market positioning.
- Assist higher level analysts and management to conduct internal audits and provide interpretations of laws, policies, and procedures affecting compensation to ensure compliance; identifies areas of potential exposure and/or liability and recommends appropriate action. This includes in depth analyses regarding FLSA compliance.
- Assist in compiling data for routine survey participation for various university partners and organizations.
- Basic HR principles and practices
- General Compensation practices
- Federal, state, and local legislation applicable to compensation and HR practices
- Administering and maintaining a Career Architecture
- Analyzing and researching data
- Compiling information and data into reports and/or memos
- Analyzing position descriptions for benchmarking and position mapping
- Managing individual workload/schedule in order to meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Maintain working relationships and work individually and in a team
- Discover solutions and problem solve
- Bachelor's degree and one (1) year related experience; OR
- Associate's degree and three (3) years of related experience; OR
- High school diploma and five (5) years of related experience.
* CCP (Certified Compensation Professional)or other compensation certification.* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related field,
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Human Resources
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $25.71 - $33.67 per Hour, Depending on Experience
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for CandidatesCompensation Team
Phone: (520) 621-2737
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.