User Support Specialist III (50% Appointment, Marinette Campus)
UW SYSTEM OFFICIAL TITLE: User Support Specialist III (50% Appointment)
POSTING DATE: October 12, 2022
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position reports to the IT Director of Technology Support Services and is responsible for providing operational and technological support for classroom technology, videoconferencing, distance education and client service requests on the Marinette campus, both independently and in cooperation with Technology Support Services Team at the Green Bay location. The position is also responsible for coordinating, documenting and managing the customer service aspect of order taking. A high level of detail and self-motivation is expected.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Completes procurements, installations, configurations, repairs, automations, and modifications of complex technology hardware, software, and associated components independently.
- Designs, implements, troubleshoots, and resolves complex data, network connectivity, client/server processes, and application issues according to established policies and procedures.
- Leads, schedules logistics, and secures resources for the completion of technology system integrations, compatibility tests, and functionality maintenance according to established user requirements.
- Serves as a main point of contact for individuals and groups providing advanced-level organizational information about technology resources and addressing their needs.
- Develops and facilitates individual and group end user trainings, answers questions, and provides information specific to complex information technology end user products and services.
- High school diploma at time of application
- Two years' experience working in a technology support function
- Evidence of having a customer service orientated work ethic
- Working knowledge of instructional media technologies and equipment
- Evidence of successfully managing detailed record keeping
- Experience and familiarity with the use of room control systems
- Experience with the operation and setup of distance education, video conference and web conference equipment and systems
- Working knowledge and experience with the latest PC and Mac computers and computer projection equipment
- Attention to detail and the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems
- Ability to manage time, materials and daily priorities independently using effective project management tools
- Ability to track work effort in established ITSM systems; responding to service requests in accordance with established SLAs
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Experience in the administration of a VoIP telephone system
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- ITIL certified
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.CAMPUS INFORMATION:
Established in 1965,UW-Green Bay is a public institution serving 8,970 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral studentsand 95,000 continuing education learners each year.We educate students from pre-college through retirement and offer 200+ degrees, programs and certificates.UW-Green Bay graduates are resilient, inclusive,sustaining and engaged members of their communities, ready to rise tofearlessly face challenges, solveproblems and embracediverse ideas and people.With four campus locations in Marinette, Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan, theUniversity welcomes students from every corner of the world. In 2020, UW-Green Baywasthe fastest growing UW school in Wisconsin. UW-Green Bay works to ensure faculty and staff achieve their full potential as valued employees with its commitment to creating an environment that recognizes, values and respects the differences we all bring to the workplace, allowing everyone to do their best work. Employee testimonials can be found at #WhyUWGB. For more information, visitwww.uwgb.edu.
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community website. For Campus Safety information, see our University Policewebsite and our Annual Security Report. This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 if you would like a paper copy.SPECIAL NOTES:
Position is a part-time (50%) Academic Staff appointment.This position will work 20 hours per week. Likely schedule will be M-W-F: 10-2pm, Tu & Th: 3pm-7pm, with flexibility based upon operational need. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community that welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Please submit application materials by Sunday, October 23, 2022.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Hourly wage range of $20.00 - $24.00.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
UW Systemprovides an excellent benefits package to meet the diverse needs of its employees. This includes several health insurance options, with annual deductibles as low as $250/individual and $500/family. Our benefits package also includes dental, vision, several life insurance options, AD&D and Accident insurance and Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts. We participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), where employer contributions begin immediately and employees are fully vested after 5 years of service. The UW System also provides supplemental retirement savings programs including a 403(b) and Deferred Compensation.
In addition, employees receive several types of paid leave benefits, which are prorated for employees working less than 100%. This includes 9 legal holidays, 36 hours of personal holiday and between 96-130 hours of sick leave annually. Employees earn 13-27 days of vacation each year, depending on years of service and employment type.
For more details, please review the links below.
- UW System Employee Benefits Brochure: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/benefitsbrochure.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/benefits-estimator/
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 683-4706