Associate Bursar (115072)
Under the general supervision of the Bursar, the Associate Bursar assists with the oversight of student billing, accounts receivable, and collections for all undergraduate and graduate students in online and campus-based programs.
Essential Position Functions
- Aid in the implementation of student billing procedures including issuing student bills and refunds, and collecting tuition payments and all other charges and fees associated with student accounts.
- Oversee the daily functions related to accounts receivable and customer service needs.
- Supervise appropriate responses and resolution of student accounts informational requests and inquiries from students, parents, faculty, and staff; resolve complaints.
- Perform reconciliation on student accounts including third-party contracts and the Nelnet payment plan.
- Verify payments from ELM, MEFA and other private lenders by reconciling banking account.
- Manage and regularly update the financial responsibility agreement and post on Regis Hub.
- Mange the Sponsor billing setup in Colleague.
- Participate in the reconciliation of the Bursar's Office records with the Business Office to ensure accurate and complete billing, receipts, disbursements, and outstanding receivable records.
- Prepare and update the Bursar's Office Procedures Manual.
- Manage the upkeep of documentation for the Bursar department including updating existing policies and procedures as well as documenting new policies and procedures.
- Manage various technology platforms such as a chatbot and the "book me now" system for appointments; ensure inquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Implement initiatives assigned by the Bursar.
- In the absence of the Bursar assume responsibility for the department, serving all constituents.
- Audit accounts for missing information in preparation for annual 1098T submissions to the IRS; manage 1098T requests for both electronic and mail delivery.
- Serve as member of the online operations team and contribute to weekly online operations meetings.
- Assist Bursar with online operations; maintaining records of delinquent and high balance accounts.
- Generate online clearance report prior to scheduled online starts to identify students without finances; send follow-up communications to those students to mediate payment.
- Aid in the preparation of online payment invoices for educational services partner, Pearson.
- Serve as the backup for Student Accounts payment postings and refund checks generation.
- Manages all functions of loan disbursement via FATR process.
- Co-manage Perkins, NFLP and other special loan programs for student accounts.
- Assist Bursar with all non-traditional programs, and professional studies programs, by answering student questions and requests, and audit accounts for proper billing.
- Represent the Bursar at admission related events including Open Houses and Accepted Students Days, as assigned.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field; professional experience in student billing or in an accounting, finance, or related field.
- Knowledge of student accounts and higher education administration.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through consistently on inquiries, requests, and suggestions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to resolve problems and to develop relevant alternatives and recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to establish positive public relations for the College, and to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to form strong coalitions with internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to uphold the university's commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
- English/Spanish bilingual skills preferred.
- Assist Bursar in the daily supervision of Student Accounts staff.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Normal office environment, not subject to extreme variations of temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- May use computer keyboards requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- May require work outside of normal hours, including evenings and weekends.
**This is a hybrid-eligible position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Protecting the Regis Community
At Regis the safety of our campus community is our highest priority. We invite all applicants to review our health and safety protocols at our COVID-19 Updates page. The most powerful measure we can take is vaccination, and all campus community members must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster against COVID-19, with the exception of certain medical and religious exemptions. New employees without an approved medical or religious exemption are required to have their first vaccine dose by their date of hire. And all new employees will join the campus community in using the CoVerified app to upload vaccine information, report symptoms, and schedule regular campus COVID tests. We're in this together!
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran's status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.