IT Coordinator, IT Compliance and Assurance Coordinator (# 120561)
Position title: IT Coordinator, IT Compliance and Assurance Coordinator
Position #: 120561
The IT Compliance and Assurance Coordinator works in the Security unit within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park. This position is responsible for managing and executing programs that will assess departmental compliance with university, state, and federal IT regulations. This position will also perform risk assessments of campus departments and provide support as a liaison between campus IT groups and external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience within the IT compliance field
- 1-3 years’ experience coordinating or auditing IT compliance activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of IT compliance.
- Knowledge of standard tools and techniques used to conduct IT risk assessments.
- Effective written and verbal skills.
- Ability to instruct, direct, assist, guide, and share information with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, highly responsible, require limited supervision, work concurrently on multiple projects, adjust to occasional changes in priorities, and respond quickly and effectively in priorities
- CISA, CIA or SANS certification is a plus.
- Experience in Higher Ed
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range is $85,000 - $95,000.
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required at times to meet deadlines.
Best consideration date: 11/02/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/100842
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.