Graduation Coach Coordinator - Diversity & Inclusion Department - PRE
Kennesaw State University
Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
Job ID: 248257
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Performs daily oversight of assigned graduation coaches within unit, including timecard management, scheduling for the unit, completion of annual reviews, advocacy for professional development and interaction with the immediate supervisor of the unit. Counsel students regarding personal, social, academic, educational and career concerns on an individual or group basis. Crossed-trained in the following departments: Registrar, Advising, Financial Aid, Career Services and Testing. Provides educational programming and connects students with appropriate campus resources to address their individual needs and concerns.
1. Recruits, trains, supervises and provides oversight and guidance to assigned staff
2. Develops training curriculum for Graduation Coaches
3. Conducts evaluations of performance at regular intervals and meets with assigned staff to discuss how they can improve performance
4. Encourages and guides staff in developing and incorporating the use of a wide variety of general and subject-specific strategies to assist the student population
5. Partners with coaches and monitors student progression towards degree completion and graduation through counseling and connecting students with appropriate campus resources to assist with questions, challenges, issues and/or concerns
6. Assists students in defining academic, personal, and career goals; supports students with building life skills; encourages co-curricular and/or extracurricular involvement; and facilitates leadership development
7. Facilitates and conducts required student coaching in assigned area and completes coaching reports for each student meeting
8. Researches and follows up on student concerns to ensure concerns have been addressed or resolved and provides crisis intervention as necessary
9. Develops and maintains key internal and external partnerships
10. Serves on program, department, college and/or university committees as assigned
11. Utilizes university systems to initiate/manage student campaigns, sends notifications, reviews pertinent student data and examines file notes
12. Assists in tracking and analyzing key metrics to assess the impact of graduation coaching
13. Conducts student exit surveys (i.e., stop-outs, transfers, and graduates)
14. Manages daily concerns for University College graduation coaches
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Two (2) years of related work experience as a coordinator (or a closely related field)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Working and tested knowledge of Banner (Ellucian) and Student Success Collaborative (SSC) preferred
Experience working or teaching at an institution of higher education
The budget for this position is between $37,985 and $58,000. Offers will be based on candidate experience and budget availability.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Participates in professional organizations such as the KSU Advising Network to remain knowledgeable about General Education and requirements for degree programs
Ability to utilize career and personality inventories
Ability to work nights or non-traditional schedule
Ability to manage and analyze program and student-level data
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of Title IV rules and regulations and understands federal and state rules and regulations as they apply to financial aid in the State of Georgia
Knowledge of student retention and progression to graduation initiatives
Demonstrated experience in intercultural communication and competency
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Banner (Ellucian)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Position of Trust + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=248257&PostingSeq=1