IT Business Analyst Specialist- ISY 247588 (Hybrid)
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 247588
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for connecting business units and technical teams by applying business analysis techniques and observing business unit practices to document and understand business functions and processes. Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to identify and validate solutions to business unit requests and requirements. Assists with the evaluation and preparation of IT demands and/or project requests for prioritization and implementation.
1. Researches, analyzes, and recommends changes to business processes to improve operational efficiencies, quality, and service
2. Identifies and maps related and dependent business processes within and across departments and divisions
3. Completes in-depth evaluation of related and dependent processes and applications to identify effects of process changes on other departments and divisions
4. Schedules, prepares, and facilitates fact finding and/or discovery analysis meetings with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand and document current business processes and functions, pain points, assumptions, timeframes, and success measures
5. Identifies and analyzes business-critical process steps and the requirements/policies driving those steps
6. Consults with IT subject matter experts to design and make recommendations for standard, supportable ways to accomplish business-critical process steps
7. Identifies and documents business process inputs, outputs, and data elements required for optimal execution
8. Collaborates with business partners to confirm scope and objectives of the process analysis engagement and formulate a shared understanding of priorities for the engagement
9. Presents business process documentation to business and IT decision makers for evaluation and approval
10. Assists with identifying scope creep and collaborate with technical and functional teams to evaluate feasibility, effort, and project impact of scope changes
11. Identifies and validates technical solutions and implementation strategies to address business requests, needs, and/or issues based on understanding of Application portfolio and existing capabilities collaborating with UITS leadership and subject matter experts
12. Documents system processes and functionality and recommend improvements
13. Understands, analyzes, and communicates benefits of product features/functionalities and facilitate and document evaluation of go forward strategies and solutions
14. Designs user interface mock-ups to effectively meet business needs within native system functionality
15. Assists business areas with creating test plans and coordinating User Acceptance Testing documents
16. Plans and executes initial requirements validation against delivered product prior to business area User Acceptance Testing
17. Contributes to an issues log and collaborates with appropriate teams to identify and mitigate risks
18. Facilitates new project request evaluation with functional and technical team leads
19. Creates standardized templates for internal IT and Business Analyst processes
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Two (2) years previous experience in business, systems, and/or process analysis
Additional Preferred Qualifications
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA-CCBA) certification
PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
IT Project Management experience
Agile Facilitation experience
Pay Grade: Exempt 10
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to produce quality results when provided an objective, assignment, or project with minimal supervision
Able to make sound and timely decisions as appropriate, and use good judgement to determine which decisions should be escalated
Able to anticipate and identify problems and proactively develop appropriate solutions
Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives to audiences with varying technical skill levels
Able to maintain control over assignments, projects, and responsibilities
Able to facilitate meaningful, productive conversations with stakeholders
Able to adapt to changes in environment
Able to identify and extract non-essential steps or activities in a business process
Able to work independently and with team members to ensure business requirements and needs are met
Able to build a strong rapport with both the technical and functional teams
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Proficient at business process modeling and selecting appropriate tools and techniques to achieve goals
Understanding high-level technical concepts and communicate concepts to technical and functional teams with varying technical skill levels
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, presentation, attention to detail and accuracy and analytical thinking skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=247588&PostingSeq=1