Fiscal Technician Senior
The Fiscal Technician Senior is the lead fiscal, administrative and logistical support for technical and applied research projects in the Virginia Tech's Institute for Policy and Governance (VTIPG) in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences (CLAHS). The successful candidate will be able to work independently with minimal supervision in applying university policies and procedures. Identifies and analyzes information required to advise faculty and staff on the processes, requirements, and appropriate documentation for all fiscal activity. Oversees purchasing and payment operations for department by applying university policies and procedures. Requires coordination among other Virginia Tech departments, external funders and subcontractors. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of VTIPG.
- Previous experience providing fiscal and administrative support in a professional office environment.
- Fiscal administration skills should include: knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles; previous bookkeeping/accounting experience; experience with word processing and spreadsheet software packages; ability to maintain training to learn new fiscal management applications; ability to process assigned work efficiently and accurately; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills and the ability to complete projects requiring attention to detail; ability to manage assignments received from multiple staff and faculty; ability to work independently and handle confidential materials and information.
- Computer experience that includes some proficiency with excel and other office applications
- Demonstrated experience using shared platforms such as google drive and university applications such as Banner, Hokiemart, Chrome River, Microstrategy, etc.
- Experience with university policies and procedures specifically for purchasing, accounting, payroll and personnel activities.
November 1, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Heather Nolenat email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.