This position, reporting to the Assistant Director, is responsible for participating as a team member in conducting financial, compliance, and operational engagements. The incumbent is expected to fulfill their responsibilities with limited supervision while maintaining effective communication with team and audit leadership. The ability to maintain high ethical standards, exhibit professional demeanor, demonstrate sound judgment, and function as a well-integrated team member will be critical for success. The position requires problem-solving abilities along with organizational, planning, and self-management skills. Additionally, this position is progressing in their subject-matter expertise on higher education related risks and contemporary audit and advisory engagement approaches. The incumbent will be relied upon to develop effective and creative ways to assess university operations, communicate the results of their assessments (including the writing of reports), and establish long-term rapport with university stakeholders. Decisions made may impact the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative and business processes of the university; therefore, the incumbent must be able to apply both strong analytical skills and professional discretion in formulating recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, information systems, data analysis, or related field.
- Demonstrated use of effective problem-solving and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (both in writing and verbally).
- Ability to prepare professional documentation and correspondence.
- Demonstrated professionalism in working with confidential and sensitive matters with the utmost discretion and tact.
- Proficiency in current office software such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, and relational databases.
- Ability to periodically travel to complete work assignments or attend training.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Audit experience in higher education or a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience in evaluating business processes of large, decentralized organizations.
- Experience with and knowledge of large relational databases, client-server environments, networks in multi-platform environments, secure web design, and the Windows operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local legislation.
- Knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
$50,000 - $60,000
October 28, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dan Taggartat email@example.com regular business hours at least three (3) business days prior to the event.