Training and Development Specialist, Senior
Posting Number: req12138
Department: Sponsored Projects Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Sponsored Projects Services (SPS) at the University of Arizona is seeking a Training and Development (T&D) Specialist, Senior (Instructional Designer III) to serve as the functional expert for design, implementation, and maintenance of training offerings for SPS and campus research administration professionals. The successful candidate will take a hands on approach to create meaningful, memorable, and motivational in-person, virtual, web-based, and hybrid content for research administration processes and associated systems, as well as professional growth and development. This position will report to the Manager of Training & Development in SPS and will be part of the SPS Operations team.
The ideal candidate will be well organized and be able to manage complex projects from start to finish. The T&D Specialist should have experience analyzing technical systems and business processes to identify business requirements and validate them with stakeholders. The ability to communicate effectively and collaborate closely with diverse groups of stakeholders is also an essential component of the position.
We're searching for a life-long learner who is passionate about encouraging employee growth, development, and engagement in SPS and across campus. This position is eligible for a hybrid work environment, working from home or at the Tucson campus depending on workload demands and performance.
Sponsored Projects Services is also recruiting for a Training and Development Specialist (Instructional Designer II) - req12139. Please note the minimum requirements when applying.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with internal and campus stakeholders to conduct needs assessments
- Plans, develops, and implements sustainable learning solutions to meet training and development needs within the department and across campus
- Develops and maintains job aides, web-based trainings, digital resources, video tutorials, web pages and other training and technical materials
- Leads evaluation, development, and implementation of training processes for new and updated systems vital to research administration
- Works with SPS leadership to cultivate subject matter experts as resources for content delivery and build capacity for outreach and training across campus
- Assists with SPS employee onboarding, development, and engagement priorities
- Additional duties may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of research administration and/or accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of current adult learning design principles, theories, and concepts
- Understanding of current instructional design practices, techniques, and standards
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and priorities and learn new technology applications effectively and quickly
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information to determine training and development needs and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, with internal and external stakeholders to influence and determine processes, priorities, and resources
- Creativity and innovation to develop new approaches, methods, or techniques
- Excellent time and workload management skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required
- 5 years of relevant work experience required, includinganalyzing technical systems and business processes to identify business requirements and validate them with stakeholders
- Direct experience with Camtasia, Articulate360, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat Pro, Premiere Pro, In Design, Illustrator, etc.), or comparable screencasting, video editing, and interactive course creation software
- Experience with change management
- Basic HTML experience
- Prior experience with any of the following: survey software such as Qualtrics, learning management systems such as Saba Cloud, form builder software such as Smartsheet, financial software such as Oracle, and research administration software such as Huron Research Suite or Kuali Research
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Instructional and Assessment Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,500 - $70,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Instructional Design & Support
Instruct & Assessment Services
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Shana McClelland, email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.