Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor or Assistant/Associate Professor -Radiological Sciences
The Department of Radiologic Sciences at Boise State University invites you to join our innovative faculty for a rewarding career in Radiologic Sciences education. We are accepting applications for a full-time 10-month faculty position. Appointments will be made at the Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor rank depending on qualifications.
Department of Radiologic Sciences employs 7 full-time faculty, 25 adjunct faculty and 35 affiliate. The educational experience in Radiologic Sciences programs promotes health advocacy, interdisciplinary collaboration, life-long learning and the development of individual professional qualities. Research endeavors of the department faculty include sonography transducer adaptors, radiation dose scale in exposure indicator range, radiation detection device variations, MRI DTI demonstration of repetitive head impacts, and post-concussive blood-based biomarkers.
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/career/ .
Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresent groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
It is anticipated that this faculty position will participate in undergraduate programs. Candidates should be able to demonstrate effective and innovative teaching skills as well as participate in curriculum development. Academic pursuits and scholarly activities are encouraged. Innovative instructional on-campus and on-line delivery methods are supported. The ideal candidate should have experience in both teaching and clinical practice.
- Doctorate required for Tenure track; Master's Degree required for Clinical track.
- ARRT RT(R) credentialed at a minimum, additional credentials preferred.
- Competence in specific clinical practice area of diagnostic radiology, additional modality experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience as an ARRT registered radiographer
- A defined area of research and evidence of scholarly dissemination if Tenure track.
- Prior teaching experience in a JRCERT accredited diagnostic radiology program
- Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Vascular Intervention, Cardiac Intervention, or other medical imaging credentials
- Three years academic teaching experience
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate level teaching experience.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with university and community members.
- Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
Salary and benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family.
Required Application Materials:
Please submit all application materials via Boise State Career Site. Be sure to include with your application the following materials:
- CV/Resume that includes employment history (with dates).
- Cover letter that describes your interest in and qualifications for the position.
- Teaching evaluations demonstrating teaching effectiveness, if applicable.
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
- Statement on teaching and research philosophy.
Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, please submit application materials by November 15th.