Christmas with Wartburg Facilitator
Function of Position:
This position reports to the Production Manager/Technical Director and facilitates the up-rigging, the extended video design system, loading in and out of the road shows and rentals, as well as assisting with other tasks related to Christmas with Wartburg. This is a temporary part-time position (average 30 hrs/week for 2 month).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staging Load Out: Oversee the loading of the Staging Truck (truck 2) with the rental and choir room staging used in Des Moines. Facilitating the Load-In and Out of Neumann Auditorium for the Des Moines Road Show, as well as the Restore in Neumann Auditorium.
- Video: Oversee the new system set up and train student workers in its usage.
- Des Moines Production Assistant: Coordination of the translation of staging, performers, lighting, and video to a unique configuration used exclusively in Des Moines.
- Rental Facilitator: Create a photo verified inventory of rental gear and ensure its correct packing and shipping
- Rehearsal Assistant: Document notes for the tech staff, including video film and audio recording staff. Provide constructive feedback to ensure smooth rehearsals and the cleanest takes for the recorded productions.
- Assorted Christmas with Wartburg Tasks: Assist with other CWW related assorted tasks as needed by the Production Manager, i.e. Filling in for sick/absent tech staff during the run of the production.
- Bachelor’s of Theatre or 3 years production experience
- Experience with theatrical lighting
- Experience with counterweight rigging preferred
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.