Human Resources Generalist, Senior
Posting Number: req12140
Department: Campus Health and Wellness
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona, Campus Health Service (CHS) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of HR Generalist. This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the CHS HR and Payroll department HR/Payroll department; oversees decisions on hiring, disciplining, promoting, and terminating of employees.
The CHS was the first fully accredited college health service in the nation and in the Princeton Review and has been ranked in the top 4% for Best Health Services for the past 7 years. The CHS is committed to positioning itself as an exceptional student health center by fostering an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse backgrounds of our employees and the community we serve. It is a diverse organization of over 160 employees who are committed to improving the health and safety of college students. For more information on the CHS, please go to https://www.health.arizona.edu/
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring and orienting of all new CHS employees.
- HR/Personnel advisor for supervisors on discipline, equity and merit increases, incumbent reviews, and terminations; and makes appropriate changes via UAccess.
- HR/Personnel advisor to all staff on CHS and UA HR policies (benefits, compensation, etc.)
- Develops and maintains CHS' HR Policies and Procedures, position descriptions and HR forms.
- Updates and maintains employee personnel files (both electronic and hard-copies).
- Conducts annual salary comparison on all CHS positions for HR/Finance Committee.
- Consult and provide assistance to CHS supervisors with performance reviews/appraisals.
- Serves as CHS HR Liaison to main UA HR: work closely with UA Senior HR Partner on matters of corrective action, incumbent reviews, and terminations.
- Manager Self-Service Administrator: hiring requests, timesheet review and approval, submitting SET's, Position Distributions, Job Changes, terminations, and Fiscal Year/Academic Year schedule changes.
- Reviews, prepares and submits job postings in applicant tracking system (Talent) and other professional job sites.
- Consults with supervisors on performance management issues such as Career Conversations and performance evaluation.
- Assist CHS' Immunization department with employee immunization clearance process.
- Serves as Leave Advisor to CHS staff on FMLA, Personal leaves, etc. and works closely with the Disability Resources center for work accommodations.
- UAccess Provisioning Liaison for the CHS.
- Provisioning Coordinator for CHS IT and PnC rights.
- Enrolls and verifies that all employees and CHS affiliates complete mandatory HR Trainings (FERPA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Maintain CHS' Human Resources database (EP): inputting evaluation due dates, employee personnel information, employee job and salary histories, issuance of keys, etc.
- Payroll Time Approver for the CHS.
- Provides support to HR Generalist I in the credentialing of CHS medical and behavioral health providers. Duties include initiating and maintaining credentialing status for clinical providers with CHS' five commercial insurance companies (Aetna, BC/BS, Cigna, UHC, and HealthNet/MHN); initiate and maintain CAQH on-line applications, process background checks via National Practitioner Data Bank, and maintain licenses and certifications.
- Serves on CHS committees as assigned.
- Additional duties as Assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and skill in applying the principles, practices and procedures of human resources administration in the areas of recruitment, employment, employment visas, employee relations and benefits.
- Knowledge of and skill in interpreting and applying state and federal statutes and ABOR, University and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of automated HR databases.
- Knowledge of automated payroll processes and procedures.
- Skill in problem analysis and resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion and ability to interact with a wide range of individuals.
- Knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in working in a university or college health setting.
- Experience in working with UAccess and Talent systems.
- Certification in Human Resources (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.)
- At least 2 years of working in a Human Resource Generalist position.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Human Resources
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,463-$62,000; DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Patricia R. Morales, PHR
Campus Health Service
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.