Administrative Support Assistant III (Pharmacy Practice and Science)
Posting Number: req12148
Department: Pharmacy Practice and Science
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1295 N. Martin Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsThe Administrative Support Assistant III in the R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy provides administrative, budget, financial, and human resources assistance. The role is responsible for tracking and reporting data, processing transactions, and coordinating a busy research program. The candidate will assist with gathering data and processing human resources transactions.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather data and complete transactions for processing visas for new employees. Track visa end dates and ensure visas are extended prior to expiration. Create and maintain checklists for department to track status of each new hire. Communicate with the international office and the college human resources department. Assist with other human resources duties as needed.
- Monitor grant budgets for compliance with sponsor regulations and appropriate spending rates. Assist with the preparation of budgets for new grant proposals. Gather data and assist with preparation of progress reports. Compile data, track progress, and monitor payments for sub-award contracts.
- Order supplies and research equipment. Reconcile the purchasing card to ensure transactions are in compliance with University PCard regulations, are posted to the correct account, and proper back-up is attached to the transactions.
- Arrange meetings and make travel arrangements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organization skills.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
* Microsoft suite Experience
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.30 - $23.97
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Travis Wheeler | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.