Executive Dean of Career Education & Workforce Development
Position Type: Administrator/Manager
SummaryReporting to Vice President of Instruction (VPI), the Executive Dean is charged with providing administrative leadership and discipline-level oversight in the credit and non-credit programs under the Career Education and Workforce Development Division. The Executive Dean will support faculty and staff efforts in the planning and fulfillment of college objectives and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the VPI by providing leadership in and management of department functions to support the achievement of college educational goals.
- Work with the VPI to nurture faculty collaboration.
- Provide leadership and education to the college community in their area of responsibility in support of instructional goals.
- Provide the initial and continuing orientation of all faculty members, including assessment and classroom management.
- Coordinate curriculum, change proposals.
- Assist faculty in developing new curriculum and curricula changes and oversee the proposals through final approval.
- Recruit, select, orient and evaluate tenure, tenure-track and associate faculty.
- Coordinate associate faculty evaluations with assistance of the full-time faculty.
- Coordinate tenure, tenure-track, and non-tenure track faculty evaluations.
- Supervise, manage and direct assigned management and staff personnel.
- Plan, organize and preside at academic division meetings.
- Resolve faculty and student issues.
- Process faculty qualification requests and documents.
- Build a sustainable level of course offerings that best meets student needs.
- Provide administrative oversight for instructional program review and assessment.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of student learning outcomes and assessment at the course, discipline, and program levels.
- Ensure reports are submitted in accordance with integrated planning timelines
- Carry out special assignments as directed by the VPI.
Knowledge and Skills
- Philosophy, mission, and goals of the community college district
- Student support services and programs, including student recruitment and outreach
- Applicable federal and state regulations pertaining to instruction and each area of student service
- Student learning outcomes
- Accreditation standards and eligibility requirements
- Current pedagogical practice in face-to-face and distance education modalities
- Work in a positive way with faculty, administration, classified personnel, students, and the public
- Create and maintain a high staff morale to achieve consensus while demonstrating a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the college's diverse populations of students and staff
- Create an environment conducive to the development of instructional and service innovations
- Demonstrate commitment to participatory approaches to governance
- Exercise group leadership skills which emphasize collaboration, consensus building, conflict resolution, and problem solving
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment
Education and ExperienceMaster's Degree or equivalent from an accredited College or University.
Higher Education Administrative experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Workplace DiversityIt is the policy of College of the Redwoods not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, or sexual orientation in its educational programs and its employment practices.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
College of the Redwoods values all members of our community and strives to create a diverse, nurturing, honest, and open environment. CR is committed to equal employment opportunity in its employment and encourages applications from underrepresented group members.
Licenses and CertificatesValid CA Driver's License
Salary Grade: 132
Salary: Starting Salary: $110,177.60 - $183,976.00/Annually
Contact(s): Human Resources
Contact Phone: 707-476-4140
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Number: S00248P
Requisition Number: 22-227
Job Close Date: 11/01/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Conditions of EmploymentOffers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance of a criminal background check, pre-employment physical examination, freedom from tuberculosis, provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 and its variants, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during the recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university will be required.
Forms are available through Human Resources to request COVID-19 vaccination exception in the following situations: (a) medical excuse from receiving COVID-19 vaccine due to medical contraindication or precaution; (b) disability; or religious objection based on a person's sincerely held religious beliefs, practice or observance.
California School Employees Association is the exclusive bargaining representative for College of the Redwoods classified employees. Each employee hired into a classified position shall contribute to the administration of this contract by membership dues or service fees.
The salary range indicated is reflective of a 14-step salary schedule.
BenefitsMedical, dental, and vision insurance is provided by the District for all full-time employees and their dependents.
Application ProcessRequired Materials
Apply online at https://employment.redwoods.edu/
You will need to attach the information below to complete the online application process. Attachments are accepted in .doc or .pdf file formats.
1. Letter of introduction expressing interest in and qualifications for this position
2. Professional resume
3. Transcripts of all college degrees and courses (unofficial is sufficient for application, official copies will be required of the successful candidate)
Incomplete application packets will not be forwarded for consideration by the screening committee.
All documents included in your application file become the property of the District and will not be returned.
Your application for this job posting will not be considered for future openings. New documents must be submitted for each job posting.
To be included in the first review, the applicant must complete the online application process by 5:00 p.m. PST on the closing or first review date.
If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply or interview for this job posting, please call Human Resources.
For assistance or information, please contact:
College of the Redwoods
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501-9300
All complete applications will be reviewed by a representative screening committee. Selected candidates will be invited to appear for a personal interview at College of the Redwoods. Expenses incurred in connection with the site interview will not be reimbursed.