Assistant Director of Marketing
Olivet College, a liberal arts college in south central Michigan with a long-standing commitment to inclusion and diversity, seeks an Assistant Director of Marketing. The Assistant Director of Marketing will work directly with the communications and marketing department, admission department, and other key stakeholders to broaden the college’s visibility and reputation, increase enrollment and support the mission and strategic goals of the institution.
Olivet College was founded in 1844 on the principle that the future of humanity rests in the hands, hearts and minds of those who will take responsibility for themselves and others in an increasingly diverse society. Open since its founding over 178 years ago to all regardless of race, gender or ability to pay, Olivet is one of the most diverse private liberal arts institutions in the state and actively seeks diversity in its students and employees. The student body is composed of a strong mixture of first-generation, urban, rural and students from all socioeconomic backgrounds, with about 50 percent qualifying annually for Federal Pell Grants. Given the college’s commitment to supporting a diverse and inclusive college community, members of historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
As part of the academic vision of Education for Individual and Social Responsibility, faculty, staff and students commit themselves to the Olivet College Compact, a series of statements that define the tenets of what it means to live and learn as a responsible member of the Olivet College community and the larger world. Olivet College faculty and staff are committed to providing personalized, individualized attention for students who seek academic and personal success.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing, the Assistant Director of Marketing (ADM) will manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive and strategic marketing strategy designed to broaden the college’s visibility and reputation, grow enrollment, and support the mission and strategic goals of the institution.
The ADM will be a valued participant in high-level strategy conversations and provide creative and strategic leadership to the process of communicating the most important and distinctive aspects of an Olivet College education.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The successful ADM will be able to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop demand generation strategies and lead the execution of marketing tactics for traditional undergraduate, transfer students, adult professional and graduate programs through the "marketing funnel."
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create targeted messages utilizing a wide range of communication tools, including digital and performance marketing, social media, traditional media, collateral materials, text messaging, the college website, email campaigns, on-campus digital boards, etc.
- Collect and analyze data from campaign efforts to strategically plan for future marketing efforts.
- Utilize market research to identify and develop effective marketing campaigns through various media channels and platforms, including digital and performance marketing.
- Lead marketing strategy meetings to ensure communication and high-performance of strategic enrollment campaigns.
- Partner with internal and external creative partners and consultants as required to execute program marketing campaigns.
- Partner with campus teams to ensure consistent and effective use of the college brand in all mass communications and across all platforms (digital and print).
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and advancements in marketing, advertising and multimedia.
- Perform other duties and other projects related to the execution of marketing programs, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, or related field.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in marketing is required, including project management and strategic management.
- Understanding of higher education in general and today’s higher education climate.
Required Core Competencies and Professional Experience
- Knowledge of current trends and advancements in marketing, advertising and multimedia, including digital and performance marketing.
- Proficient in a CRM system, such as Slate or Salesforce.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, with or without direct supervision.
- Proven project management and organization skills with experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand strategic development and think strategically.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in complex and strategic marketing planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to use appropriate metrics to make decisions and guide marketing strategy.
- Salary is competitive and is commensurate with education and experience.
- Comprehensive health and benefits package.
- Two weeks paid time off plus numerous paid holidays in conjunction with the College’s academic calendar.
- Professional development opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Click on the "Online Application Form" link to be directed to the Career Center. Once at the Career Center, select this title and then the “Apply” icon to complete a profile and submit the required documents.
Required documents for complete application submission: formal cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.