Senior Learning Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-012249Location: Home Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
*****INTERNAL POSTING UP UNTIL 10/21/2022*****Essential Functions and Responsibilities - List of significant responsibilities and essential duties that must be completed in order to achieve the objectives of the position
- Analyzes and interprets diverse sets of educational data using a variety of statistical methods
- Uses SQL, Python, R, or Scala to clean, manipulate, and transform data for analysis
- Reports, explains, and presents statistical analyses using graphs, charts, and tables
- Applies understanding of learning science to develop methods for measuring student learning and engagement
- Uses understanding of data collection to design and implement new methods of measurement
- Stays informed of emerging trends in learning science, learning analytics, and data science
- Clearly communicates with users to assess needs and requirements for data products
- Designs and maintains Tableau dashboards
- Pitches value of potential data products using functioning proofs-of-concept
- Assists in the design & development of metrics evaluating learning & quality.
- Works with cross-functional teams to provide valuable data-informed insights on trends of performance and associated metrics
- Bachelor's degree in learning science, data analytics, behavioral or cognitive psychology, statistics, or a closely related field (Master's strongly preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and visualization
- 1+ years building dynamic, interactive dashboards
- 1+ years working with relational databases
- Strong written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain the significance of data and trends to stakeholders
- Ability to manage tasks independently while working in a team environment
- Ability to use SAS, R, or Python to run multivariate and other statistical analyses
- Ability to create data dashboards and visuals using a tool like Tableau
- Ability to create datasets for analysis & reporting using SQL, Python, R, or Scala.
- Ability to explain analysis results to non-technical audience
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing data projects
- Ability to work in a Jupyter/Databricks environment
- Experience with (multiline) JSON files.
Click or tap here to enter text.
Competencies Required - Communication, Teamwork, problem solving, etc.
Problem Solving Skills: Investigates appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate; future-oriented; assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important.
Interpersonal Skills: Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased manner; approaches conflict proactively; solicits and shares feedback openly; listens with empathy and maintains composure.
Accuracy: Draws on factual information garnered from careful cultivation of a broad knowledge of WGU's goals and processes; investigates beyond assumptions.
Adaptability: Course corrects behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations; tackles obstacles appropriately; is comfortable with ambiguity.
Reliability: Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done; actions are consistent with words; follows through on commitments; exhibits exceptional integrity.
Attitude: Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth; self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others; asserts self appropriately to champion ideas; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
Initiative: Self-directs with a strong bias for action; leads the way in improvement of performance or processes; displays keen interest in students and organization.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.