Clinical Research Coordinator II (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req12130
Department: Asthma/Airway Disease Rsch Ctr
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Ave, PO Box 245030, Tucson, AZ 85724-5030 USA
Position HighlightsThe A2DRC Research Support Team is an important component of A2DRC operations and is organized to provide in-house support for clinical and epidemiological studies. The CRC position will provide dedicated support for ongoing and new respiratory clinical research. The CRC will provide pre-award and post-award services related to clinical trial contract initiation, protocol review and activation, regulatory management and study closeout. The CRC will have regular contact with the University of Arizona departments, investigators, clinical research staff, clinical trials sponsors, and administrative staff. The successful candidate will exemplify our team values of integrity, collaboration and reliability.
The Asthma and Airway Disease Research Center at the University of Arizona has been at the forefront of respiratory disease research for over 40 years. Through the years, our internationally recognized researchers have investigated respiratory issues in the areas of genetics, physiology, immunology, molecular and cell biology, pediatrics, radiology, pathology and cardiology. Many of these studies continue today, and many more are scheduled to begin. The Center's physicians, scientists, nurses and staff are dedicated to improving people's lives.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Principal Investigators to learn the full scope of clinical research duties including regulatory controls, study procedures, and data management as well as being knowledgeable with current diseases of specific study.
- Creates treatment plans and serves as an information resource for trial subjects.
- Collects subject data, enters and analyzes data, and compiles reports, adhering to proper research protocols. Prepares documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials. Keeps appropriate logs, tracks participants, and prepares study materials.
- Recruits, screens, and enrolls study participants who meet research criteria. Collects basic information through interviews and answers general questions. Maintains telephone and in-person contact. Notifies Principal Investigator and supervisor of subject status.
- Obtains medical histories and conducts medical assessments of clinical trial subjects, including symptom management with appropriate referral. Performs physical measurements, including assessing vital signs, study specific procedures, such as skin testing, and administering prescribed medications or spirometry.
- Conducts adverse event assessment and provides recommendations to Principal Investigator or physicians.
- Process, prepare, and ship laboratory specimens.
- Conduct study Monitoring visits including the following tasks: Prepare monitoring room prior to visit with study materials, escort monitor to other areas, provide requested documents to monitor throughout the visit.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $47,735 - $62,533
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Liz Firmage | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.