Research and Administrative Coordinator
The Research and Administrative Coordinator serves the university in a fast-paced, research-driven, entrepreneurial, and scholarly environment. This is a restricted position reporting to the Associate Director of the School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA) in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences (CLAHS). This position is responsible for the daily management, organization, operational support and coordination of administrative activities and procedures of the research efforts and projects lead by the Associate Director of SPIA at the Richmond location. A successful candidate interacts with constituents across the university, both internal and external, including students, faculty, administrators, state agency executives and officials in the course of coordinating and facilitating program development and implementation. Working hours are normally 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, with some early mornings, longer evenings, and weekend hours occurring periodically. This position will have dual reporting to Associate Director of the SPIA Richmond location and the Business Manager of SPIA.
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience
- Experience in an administrative position, ideally in higher education
- Public service commitment
- High level communicator with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills teamwork in the academic, professional and/or volunteer setting
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
- Comfort working in a dynamic environment where it is common to support multiple projects; coordinate with multiple partners; and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to exercise independent thinking, emotional intelligence, and persistence to facilitate the timely completion of projects
- Must have demonstrated in software applications such as Microsoft Office, G Suite applications, Adobe Pro, and cloud files
- Knowledge of administrative and office procedures and systems such as managing files and records, designing forms, and workplace terminology
- Demonstrates attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly, timely, and correctly as well as produce error-free correspondence and documents
- Demonstrates a high level of energy and urgency with project and program deadlines
- Displays a customer-service orientation
- Familiarity with project management software
- Experience with copy editing
- Hospitality field or events management experience
- Related certifications and training
- Experience in university systems and processes, such as HokieMart, ChromeRiver, Banner, Microstrategy, and VT Invoices
November 7, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Heather Nolenat email@example.com regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.