Clinical Research Associate - Pediatrics/School of Medicine
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Clinical Research Associate in the Department of Pediatrics.
About the Opportunity
As aClinical Research Associate, you will beresponsible for participating in the development, coordination, monitoring, and implementation of research strategies essential to the successful management of clinical trials research conducted by principal investigators. You will performa variety of independent and collaborative duties involved in clinical trials including, but not limited to, documentation, tracking, data abstraction and collection and compilation/entry of clinical research data.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you'll do:
- Coordinate, delegate, and evaluateclinical operations of the WVU proportion of effortinitiatives in conjunction with the Principal Investigators.
- Collaboratedaily with the research nursing staff, data managers, and study coordinators.
- Performprotocol procedures to ensure accurate, concise compilation of research data.
- Attend study sponsored clinical coordinator meetings to ensure proper management of protocols.
- Assurethat patient visits are scheduled in accordance with protocol guidelines.
- Collaboratewith principal investigators to identify and resolve protocol implementation problems during design period; useand revise/createdata forms to meet study requirements.
- Educatepatients and/or family members, hospital and other university research personnel regarding research study requirements to ensure that all relevant individuals adequately understand study intent and procedures.
- Participatein organizational audits performed by monitoring and regulatory agencies.
- Participatein the recruitment of potential protocols for activation from industry sponsored and other sponsoring organizations.
- Participatein the patient recruitment efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in an allied health discipline, or related medical field and/or RN degree OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a clinical setting and/or experience working in clinical trials.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients and families; pharmaceutical company personnel; regulatory and monitoring agency personnel; and internal staff members and physicians.
- Analytical demands, involving coordinating a wide range of duties associated with the development, implementation, and reporting of clinical research protocols.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must possess and apply knowledge of many different and unrelated processes and methods related to Pediatric clinical trials.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Experience in Pediatric Clinical Trials.
- If applicable, valid RN license from the State of West Virginia.
- This position may or may not require Medical Monitoring, including periodic health monitoring and/or training.
- Have or obtain CITI training and Good Clinical Practice Training within 60 days of hire.
About Research Corporation
Why WVU Research Corporation?
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes