About Our College
Galveston College is a comprehensive community college located on Galveston Island, just 40 miles south of Houston, Texas. Our College provides the citizens of Galveston Island and the surrounding region with academic, workforce development, continuing education, and community service programs. We serve an ethnically diverse population of approximately 2,400 students each semester in credit programs and nearly 5,000 individuals annually in continuing education programs. On the Island we enjoy coastal living with easy access to big city amenities. We offer great benefits, holidays, collaborative work environment, and no state income tax. Please come be a part of our team!
Under the direction of the Director of Development and the Galveston College Foundation, the Development Officer helps support internal and external fundraising activities.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, mass communications, or a closely related field and a minimum of three years of experience in marketing, fund raising, and/or planned giving;
- Experience in a college or university setting, non-profit service organization, or the private sector related to marketing, fund raising, and planned giving;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills along with a proven ability to communicate complex and/or sensitive data;
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to anticipate donor and customer needs and respond accordingly in a timely manner;
- Ability to work collaboratively to propose, develop and implement strategies for solicitation of major gifts;
- Strong computer and technical skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as eTapestry, LexisNexis, iWave and/or other database management and research tools.
- A master’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, mass communications, or a closely related field and a minimum of five years of experience in marketing, public relations, fund raising, and planned giving;
- CFRE certification;
- Experience in qualifying, cultivating, and closing major gifts with at least three years of professional fundraising experience in annual gifts and/or major gifts.