Senior Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: R545
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
As ASU's applied research and development arm, ASURE specializes in delivering programs, processes and strategies to rapidly drive ASU innovation into fully executed solutions. ASURE connects our partners and our industry and federal sponsors with the unsurpassed intellectual resources of America's fastest growing research university. We develop outcome-driven, customer-focused, real-world solutions. We advance scalable solutions for applied, classified and midrange technology-level challenges.
The senior RF engineer provides technical support of all phases of hardware/software design analysis, development, integration, and implementation and can determine appropriate use of technologies in solving engineering problems. As a senior member of the engineering team, the RF Engineer guides all phases of system development, supervising personnel, support for project execution and new business pursuits related to technology research, command and control, ISR, networks and networking, and data analytic systems by providing technical strategy, operational concept development, system architecture definition, requirements analysis, trade studies, and leadership through design, implementation, integration, and test phases.
- Guide all phases of system development and support for project execution and new business pursuits related to technology research, command and control, ISR, networks and networking, and data analytic systems by providing technical strategy, operational concept development, system architecture definition, requirements analysis, trade studies, and leadership through design, implementation, integration, and test phases
- Be a clear and enthusiastic communicator to customers, users, and project teams to define, analyze, and meet project goals
- Coordinate across design, development, test, program management, and customer representatives, creating a collaborative environment that focuses on the big picture while being a technical spokesperson for our organization, conveying insight and confidence
- Work towards a high-level vision, but understand the importance of details
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and define reasonable trade space from which the team can operate
- Proactively determine use cases and requirements, define your own tasks, and execute with little oversight
- Support and develop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious, friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superior user-centered design
- Experience?in?U.S. Government, DoD, Intelligence?Community?systems/hardware/software development
- Experience with Radio Frequencies (RF), Radio Spectrum Engineering and Analysis, GPS, Anechoic Chamber testing, Test and Evaluation, Antenna Design and Modeling
- Test Equipment Experience with Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generation, RF Amplifies, RF Filters, oscilloscopes, probes, and antennas
- Demonstrated technical team leadership, technical writing, and presentation
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Experience in Program and Project Management
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to ASURE and its business affiliates
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accomplish program goals despite obstacles, ambiguity, changing requirements, and a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver who can manage multiple concurrent projects, proposals, and RFIs, take initiative and set priorities strategically
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate's belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Ability to work toward a high-level vision, but understand the importance of details and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
Bachelor's degree in electrical, systems, computer, software engineering, or a related field is required with a minimum of 20+ years' experience. A Master's/PhD degree preferred with a minimum of 8-12 years of relevant experience. DOD and US Government networks experience strongly desired. Competitive proposal development experience is highly desired.
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI w/poly security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicant selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
ASUEP follows federal guidance which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances in which an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Hybrid work schedule. We work from home on Mondays and Fridays!
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
401(k) plan with matching employer contribution
22 days of vacation time
11 holidays, including your birthday
Significant tuition reductions
Professional development is highly valued at ASU Enterprise Partners, where employees are encouraged to look across the organization and nurture new areas of interest
$30 bi-weekly cell phone reimbursement
We serve the faculty and staff of ASU to bring them resources so they can do all the great things that they do.
We're always looking for new ideas, new solutions, new approaches and new ways to address the challenges facing ASU.
We engage our donors, philanthropists, investors and partners, connecting them to ASU and helping them share their time, talent and treasure.
When we serve, innovate and engage, it shows that we care - about faculty, staff, donors, fellow employees and other partners as we bring resources to ASU.
ASU Enterprise Partners and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer that is firmly committed to promoting justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion within our organization and throughout our sphere of influence. Because we embrace a spirit of innovation and achievement, we will endeavor to maximize the talent and potential of all employees, directors, and volunteers through bold and strategic action aimed at building success and a sense of belonging. All employees are expected to act in good faith to support these actions and to not impede the efforts of others to build a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive organization.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer