Grants and Contracts Manager, Pre-Award- Research
Kennesaw State University
Sponsored Programs, Grants, and Contracts
Job ID: 250264
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Manage pre-award activities using knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for pre-award functions and awareness of federal rules and regulations related to research grant and contract activity. Pre-award activities include, but are not limited to, assisting faculty/Principal Investigators (Pls) in the development, preparation, and submission of grant and contract proposals.
1. Provides advice to faculty and staff regarding grant-seeking at Kennesaw State University
2. Assists faculty in all phases of the development of grant and contract proposals, including preparation of detailed budgets
3. Ensures compliance with all sponsor guidelines and deadlines and KSU policies
4. Prepares proposal checklists, templates, timelines, and guides for faculty and staff seeking grant funding
5. Obtains and/or provides institutional components of proposals and performs administrative validation on all proposal elements
6. Prepares proposals for submission to sponsors using electronic submission portals, including Cayuse (KSU's grants management system), FastLane/Research.gov, Assist, and grants.gov
7. Manages routing process in Cayuse or other electronic grants management system
8. Contributes to Sponsored Programs website to ensure it is user-friendly, has useful information, and is up to date
9. Interacts regularly with and provide superior support and service to faculty and staff seeking sponsored funding
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in any field
One (1) year of relevant experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or Certified Pre-award Research Administrator (CPRA) desired
Proposal and submission experience with an institution of higher education, non-profit institution, or hospital
Experience with Cayuse or electronic grants management system
Experience using electronic systems, including FastLane/Research.gov, Assist, and grants.gov to submit grant/contract proposals
Experience using project management software to organize workflow
Experience with Access and PowerPoint"
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Desire and ability to provide outstanding service to faculty and staff
Knowledge of federal grant regulations (2 CFR 200) preferred
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and professional phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=250264&PostingSeq=1